Search Unity

Bug Error on Fresh 2022.2.2f1 Project Preventing Startup

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Wolvman92, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Wolvman92

Wolvman92

Hey everyone. I'm getting this error with a fresh Unity 2022.2.2f1 project. Can't even get passed safe mode. I haven't been able to find anything about this on Google yet. Does anyone have an idea of what would be causing this? It also happens when upgrading from 2022.1.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unhandled Exception: Grpc.Core.RpcException: Status(StatusCode="Internal", Detail="Error starting gRPC call. TypeInitializationException: A type initializer threw an exception. To determine which type, inspect the InnerException's StackTrace property. EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'MsQuicOpenVersion' in native library.", DebugException="System.TypeInitializationException: A type initializer threw an exception. To determine which type, inspect the InnerException's StackTrace property.
    2. ---> System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'MsQuicOpenVersion' in native library.
    3.   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeLibrary.GetSymbol(IntPtr, String, Boolean) + 0x5e
    4.   at System.Net.Quic.MsQuicApi..cctor() + 0x26f
    5.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ClassConstructorRunner.EnsureClassConstructorRun(StaticClassConstructionContext*) + 0xc6
    6.   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    7.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ClassConstructorRunner.EnsureClassConstructorRun(StaticClassConstructionContext*) + 0x167
    8.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ClassConstructorRunner.CheckStaticClassConstructionReturnNonGCStaticBase(StaticClassConstructionContext*, IntPtr) + 0xd
    9.   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool..ctor(HttpConnectionPoolManager, HttpConnectionKind, String, Int32, String, Uri) + 0x163
    10.   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPoolManager.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage, Uri, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, CancellationToken) + 0x99
    11.   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPoolManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage, Boolean, Boolean, CancellationToken) + 0x89
    12.   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage, Boolean, CancellationToken) + 0x2a
    13.   at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageHandlerStage.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage, CancellationToken) + 0x30
    14.   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage, Boolean, CancellationToken) + 0x9c
    15.   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.<SendAsync>d__4.MoveNext() + 0x82
    16. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    17.   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    18.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    19.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    20.   at Grpc.Net.Client.Balancer.Internal.BalancerHttpHandler.<SendAsync>d__10.MoveNext() + 0x726
    21. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    22.   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    23.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    24.   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    25.   at Grpc.Net.Client.Internal.GrpcCall`2.<RunCall>d__73.MoveNext() + 0xe27")
    26.    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    27.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    28.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    29.    at Grpc.Net.Client.Internal.Retry.RetryCallBase`2.<GetResponseAsync>d__63.MoveNext() + 0x1c2
    30. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    31.    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    32.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    33.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    34.    at Unity.ILPP.Trigger.TriggerApp.<ProcessArgumentsAsync>d__1.MoveNext() + 0x503
    35. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    36.    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    37.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    38.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    39.    at Unity.ILPP.Trigger.TriggerApp.<RunAsync>d__0.MoveNext() + 0xdc
    40. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    41.    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    42.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    43.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    44.    at Program.<<Main>$>d__0.MoveNext() + 0x1a3
    45. --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    46.    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() + 0x20
    47.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task) + 0xb6
    48.    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task) + 0x42
    49.    at Program.<Main>(String[]) + 0x20
    50.    at Unity.ILPP.Trigger!<BaseAddress>+0x4776bb

2. Wolvman92

Wolvman92

Anyone?

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

4. Wolvman92

Wolvman92

Yes, I understand that. That's why I'm not trying to convert things over to 2023.1, although I did try it on there as well and get the same error. What's pushing me to get into 2022.2 is the growing number of asset store assets that require 2022.2. Some of the assets would make a huge difference in my game. Otherwise I'd be content with sticking to 2022.1.

I was hoping this would just be something small that I needed to adjust but I've not gotten anywhere in the last month with this. Unity has still not yet replied to my bug report back from February and I have not yet been able to find any useful information on Google.

I've tried installing the Windows SDK in the hopes that it would update MSQuic as I see that mentioned in the error message. I read that Windows SDK includes the latest version of MSQuic and would update it during the installation. Didn't work.

I also tried installing gRPC for Unity but I don't think I'm doing it quite right. It's not a straight forward process and I keep wondering why I would even need to do this if 2022.1 was fine without it.

I also tried disabling gRPC with -define:GRPC_NATIVE_DISABLE_NATIVE_MSQUIC=1 placed in the Additional Compiler Arguments section of the project settings as I read that would stop it from trying to load but again it didn't make a difference.

Really at this point I'm just pulling stuff out of my a** and don't have a clue what else could possibly be causing this error to show up.