Search Unity

Error on first import

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by huntjn9, Feb 16, 2019.

1. huntjn9

huntjn9

I am using Unity 2018.3.6f1 and I get this error on first import.

Failed to load 'D:/Unity Projects/FPSSample-master/Assets/ScriptableRenderPipeline/HDRP_Assets/HDRenderPipelineAsset.asset' because it was serialized with a newer version of Unity. (Has a higher SerializedFile version)

I followed the instructions in the Github page and still no luck. Is the project only compatible with 2018.3 beta 12? I'd rather use an official release of Unity rather than a beta release if possible.

2. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Correct, 2018.3b12 is the supported editor version.

Although, I've seen some rumors about people getting it to work in 2019.1. Can anyone comment on 2019 and the FPS Sample?

3. aaronl

aaronl

I just opened in 2019.1.0b3 and was hit with nearly 600 errors. The vast majority of them are in the HRDP and shadergraph package with one in postprocessing (use of obsolete ShaderIncludePath attribute) and a few more in cinemachine. Have changes been made to these packages, or can updates be taken from the package manager?

4. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

That's what I got as well, I wondered if you could down-grade the different package versions in the package manager to the same versions used in the 2018.b3.12, as i would love to use 2019... it might fix the screwed up terrains!