Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Error on Android build with postprocessing (2018.3.0b12)

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by MasoInar, Nov 30, 2018.

1. MasoInar

MasoInar

I'm using Post Processing package 2.1.0 and Android build stops with error:

Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass': Input signature parameter SV_RenderTargetArrayIndex (1-based Entry 3) type must be a scalar uint. at line 42 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_INSTANCING_ENABLED STEREO_DOUBLEWIDE_TARGET
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING​

Error building Player: Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/FinalPass': Input signature parameter SV_RenderTargetArrayIndex (1-based Entry 3) type must be a scalar uint. at line 42 (on gles)

Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_INSTANCING_ENABLED STEREO_DOUBLEWIDE_TARGET
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING
    Does anyone else have this problem?

2. MasoInar

MasoInar

Well, I think it was some problem with update.. Cloud build worked fine and when I deleted all the Library, Obj and temp folders and restarted project, everything started to work locally as well..

3. transat

transat

I'm getting the same error on my Mac. Its appears to be on all the shaders with a
    #pragma target 3.0
    but I could be wrong.

4. InfiniteAmmo

InfiniteAmmo

Running into this too, wondering if anyone found a workaround?

5. InfiniteAmmo

InfiniteAmmo

Hmm I think trying to build over and over kinda makes it work after enough tries, weird. :p

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue? If possible with a minimal reproduction project.

7. brianchasalow

brianchasalow

@LeonhardP : 2019.1a11,
    same issue here, iOS build target.
    Issue went away when I turned off FXAA on the Post FX 2.0 stack, temporarily.
    Edit: But the correct answer is to change it from #pragma target 3.0 to #pragma target 5.0 in the post fx package itself in FinalPass.shader, but it overwrites itself from the server on every Unity application load and some other times.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    EarthHobbit likes this.