Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

error MSB3774: Could not find SDK

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by thomas.michel, Aug 26, 2015.

1. thomas.michel

thomas.michel

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to create an app with Unity for the Universal Window Platform 10.
    I've downloaded VS2015 from https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads and installed it, making sure "Universal Windows App Development Tools" was selected with the SDK. Then I've installed Unity 5.2.0f2 from https://unity3d.com/unity/beta

Then I create a new project in Unity with a simple scene that contains one spinning cube. It runs fine in the editor, so I switch platform to "Windows Store", then when I build and run it SDK "Universal 10", I get this error:

Exception: Failed to build Visual Studio project. Output:
    UnityInstallationDir "C:\Unity\U-5.2.0f2\Editor".
    UnityWSAPlayerDir "C:\Unity\U-5.2.0f2\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport".
    UnityProjectDir "C:\Project\Test10".
    Copying unprocessed assemblies...
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2048,5): error MSB3774: Could not find SDK "Microsoft.VCLibs.AppLocal, Version=14.0". [C:\Project\Test10\Builds\Win10\Test10\Test10.csproj]

ApplicationLauncherImpl.RunMSBuild (System.String args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:273)
    ApplicationLauncherImpl.Build () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:169)
    ApplicationLauncher.BuildAndRun (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args, WSASDK wsaSDK) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:56)
    ApplicationLauncher.BuildAndRun (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ApplicationLauncher.cs:46)
    UnityEditor.Metro.BuildPostprocessor.LaunchPlayer (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/MetroPlayer/Extensions/Managed/ExtensionModule.cs:59)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Launch (BuildTarget target, System.String path, System.String productName, BuildOptions options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:282)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I've followed this tutorial to create a simple hello world in visual studio 2015 (so not in unity) to target UWP, and it works fine for me: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn765018.aspx so I'm assuming I have installed the SDK properly..

I can't figure out what's causing the problem in Unity. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Thomas

2. Alex-Lian

Alex-Lian

Known problem that we're working on that VS2015 Final doesn't work. We had been running (and still run) with the VS 2015 RC.

We're trying to resolve it now.

3. thomas.michel

thomas.michel

Great thanks for the reply :)

Will you update this thread when the issue is known to be fixed, or how will we know?

Cheers,

Thomas

4. thomas.michel

thomas.michel

Hey again,

also, while we're waiting, is there any way to get our hands on VS2015 RC ? if so can you provide us with a link?

Cheers,

Thomas