Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Error message Unity Game Kit in WebGL

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Why-Phy, Nov 13, 2023.

1. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Hallo Community,

hope you're all fine. I'm currently testing the following game kit from Unity:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/tutorials/unity-learn-3d-game-kit-115747

When I switch this to WebGL I get the following error message: (On Windwos everything works)
    ArgumentException: Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found

After some research on the internet I was able to fix the error message and everything seems to be running smoothly in Unity itself. Solution: Post-process Volume -> Is Global disabled

But as soon as I do "Build and Run" I have texture problems in the localhost (browser). (See picture)
    See landscape. But it still runs smoothly.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Try disabling ALL postprocessing. This kit uses the built-in render pipeline which isn't optimal for WebGL's very limited capabilities. For WebGL I would strongly recommend URP.

3. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Can I deactivate Post Prosessing somewhere centrally? Or do I have to look through everything and deactivate it manually? Can I use URP in this kit or change the settings?

4. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

upload_2023-11-13_19-44-19.png
    It is only the floor that always has this problem even if I have switched off all post processing in this scene

5. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

The floor is terrain, right?

Does this project say anything specific about supported platforms or building for WebGL?

6. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

At least I think it's the ground (terrain) according to the picture. No, not that I know of. It also has no post-processing. Thanks for your support

7. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

8. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

What Unity version are you using?
    For WebGL specifically I recommend the latest LTS 2022.3 or even the latest tech stream 2023.1.

9. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Hello, i use the LTS 2022.3. But I just can't get it to work. I removed all post-processing from the camera and also searched for it in Level, for example. Unfortunately no chance.

10. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I gave this a try today myself (2022.3) but the build wouldn't even start up on WebGL for me, neither in Chrome nor Firefox.

11. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Ok, have you adjusted the settings for the export? Greetings from Germany

upload_2023-11-14_19-20-4.png

Attached Files:

12. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I got it working. The terrain is black for me too. It looks like the custom Rock.shader used by the material for the rocks just isn't compatible with WebGL (which has a very limited feature set since it is based on OpenGL ES 3.0).

13. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Do you know a solution? Thank you for all

14. Why-Phy

Why-Phy

Hello @CodeSmile Now I want to do it differently and create the terrain myself. Now I have a problem that the .data file in WebGl is too big. Do you know a solution to make it smaller? I have already tried all the standard settings.