Search Unity

Error message trying to create a repo: "Can't resolve DNS entry for cloud.plasticscm.com"

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by StarManta, Nov 19, 2021.

1. StarManta

StarManta

I am trying to create a repository for my work organization after doing some basic testing on a personal repo, and running into issues. Here is the main one: when I try to do anything relating to the @cloud for my work org, I get this message: "Can't resolve DNS entry for cloud.plasticscm.com"

upload_2021-11-19_11-43-28.png

I appear to be the only person in the history of the internet that has ever gotten this particular error?

upload_2021-11-19_11-49-35.png

I was able to find one reference for a somewhat related error. However, A) Their problem is not my problem, B) I have no earthly idea what "Flip the Sync view configuration, first define the local server and then, as the destination choose the Plastic SCM cloud repository." could possibly mean, and C) the screenshot is utterly illegible, so I can't even glean anything useful from that.

I can't tell if this is some server/network error or if it's because I still need to do something on the web/config side (though the fact that there are zero google results for the error suggests it's not the latter). When I go to Unity Gaming Services -> DevOps -> Plastic -> Overview, I can see the repository I created under my personal org, but no options anywhere to create a new repo (or cloud instance, or whatever) for my work org.
    upload_2021-11-19_11-47-24.png

Any and all guidance is appreciated

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi,

"Can't resolve DNS entry for cloud.plasticscm.com" usually means that the Cloud Organization you have entered is incorrect, which is why the Plastic SCM client cannot resolve it.

I have checked the database and the Cloud Organization named VTW-dev@cloud does not exist. Please can you check the name of your work's Cloud Organization with a colleague that is already using it?

Hope this helps.

3. BreynartStudios

BreynartStudios

It happened to me and the problem was that I've marked my cloud repository as encrypted (and Unity doesn't seems to like it). I've installed the PlasticSCM Cloud app, used the new GUI (bottom left screen button), and then processed "Pending changes". There, the app asked me for a password for the encryption and uploaded the project without problems. From Unity does not work... but it does from the app.

4. bevin_unity

bevin_unity

For anyone also facing this issue, my problem was that I didn't have a version control organization created. A version control organization is different than a Unity organization.

dmalpica_TIDE likes this.
  5. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

I previously had 2 servers for some reason so i just ended up using one or the other. If i knew one would vanish and cease to work anymore I would've never used it.
    I have my projects backed up to this one but now its gone and Plastic "Cant resolve DNS entry for cloud.plasticscm.com"
    Paranormal_Games__19768_0@cloud

And now I only have the other one available which is missing my projects
    Paranormal_Games@cloud

Is this because of Unitys changes to all the backend stuff?
    I cant figure out how to get access to that server and its a big pain in the ass.
    Can someone please explain what i need to do here? Or what has happened? @ollieblanks

6. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi @SteveKouts, So basically the problem is this cloud organization doesn't exist anymore? Paranormal_Games__19768_0@cloud

What was the email owner of this organization/subscription?

SteveKouts likes this.
  7. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

stevekoutsouliotas at gmail dot com
    is that what you mean?

8. SteveKouts

SteveKouts

Also why wouldn't it exist? That's my question, because I haven't changed anything, but Unity services has all changed, so I guess that's the problem. But how do I get those projects back?

9. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi, I can see you had a subscription migrated from Collab and it was Cancelled on 11/22/2023.
    We sent a few emails informing that all the migrated from Collab organizations that were still inactive for the last two years will be deactivated. After that, I'm afraid there is no way to recover it.

SteveKouts likes this.
  10. Iman_col

Iman_col

delete client.conf from plastic4 folder and reboot software