Search Unity

Error message regarding UnityEditor.PluginImporter

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dende2019, May 10, 2022.

1. dende2019

dende2019

Hi, I'm not sure when this error originally popped up,
    but it hasn't affected me in any way. (I can still build my project successfully)
    The error message pops up every time I press play to test my project.

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: void UnityEditor.PluginImporter.SetShouldOverridePredicate(System.Predicate`1<string>)
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies: ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes (System.Type[])

I'm wondering if this error message is enough information to find the exact cause.
    Thank you and please send help.
    AS

2. adamshortuk

adamshortuk

I got this message today too, any luck?

3. Yurei-Games

Yurei-Games

Yep me too

4. darkdragon241

darkdragon241

Got this error today

TLDR how I fix:
    I update the Advertisment package and In App Purchasing

I do a quick gg search in the PlugInImporter doc and there isn't any method called SetShouldOverridePredicate in there
    After another gg search for the method name only, I found it mentioned in the CHANGELOG.md of com.unity.ads@2.0.8

[2.0.8] - 2018-05-01

Add call to SetShouldOverridePredicate to exclude package dll when asset store dlls are present.
    Update unity version attribute to support 2017.4 LTS

Fix an issue with the editor assembly to add back in some iOS platform specific code
    that was removed via conditionals (which is fine for source packages, but doesn't work with precompiled assemblies)

So I tried to update the com.unity.ads package, got purchasing package error since version conflict or something, update purchasing package, create a project id since they ask for it. After I press play again, the error is gone