Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error Loading Launcher

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Simon1964, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Simon1964

Simon1964

I got the following error when I tried adding a new script. The script is short and has no errors. What does this error mean?

Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=IsDvNTVTrEWedscWMdJUJg005f&locale=en&session_state=a264b2d976aff23ce08cea374f53fe67be7c137f1906b0d5d103173366655d63.wwoFXAF-qdEJYEoJ7ov2-g00af

UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

Adithkv, Inly, xorud and 1 other person like this.
  2. Indemonai_Games

Indemonai_Games

Same problem here... Lost a morning of work trying to understand what was happening, uninstalling and re-installing Unity 2 or 3 times to no success.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    paulnaude likes this.
  3. neilbrewis

neilbrewis

I'm have the same error on launch, did anyone find a solution? Started after I tried to install Octane but have now uninstalled and am still receiving the error. I'm using Unity 2017.1.0f with a MSoft Surface Pro 4, i7. Tried re-install but still no change.

4. ukgamer_

ukgamer_

Also getting this error on a new install of Unity 2017.1.0f3, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

5. sergioem

sergioem

Same! warding here. I guess has to do with old files from old versions of unity.

6. DEichEich

DEichEich

Same issue here. Unity 2017.1.0f3, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

paulnaude likes this.
  7. neilbrewis

neilbrewis

Not entirely sure it is the older files. I've tried a new blank project and received the same error. Also tried removing suspect packages and old assets from the full project but all without success. Unity is working otherwise, although it is now struggling to compute Final Gather, which it wasn't prior to the error.

8. jamessimpsonlx

jamessimpsonlx

I'm getting it too, tried it on 3 different PCs using 2017.1 6.2 and 6.0.
    Are you all using Using UWP?

9. Roshamboo

Roshamboo

Same problem here:

Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/gebruiker/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=N18EM9kERZS5Uu4GxWUKow01af&locale=en&session_state=5bf5890ae808711e986676d4ed2e78200aff4ef61486ebb83a34437436cb7944.wguJtzvSOy0N9GQg5xNHvA008f#/login

10. jamessimpsonlx

jamessimpsonlx

Maybe its the latest windows 10 update?

11. neilbrewis

neilbrewis

I hadn't actually updated Windows for some time and still received the error. I'm updating now to see if that makes any difference.

12. jamessimpsonlx

jamessimpsonlx

I tried the 2017.2 beta and still the same problem.

13. Reahreic

Reahreic

Seems to be a benign error, it appeared when i upgraded from 5.6 to 2017, but doesn't cause any compilation or build problems.

Phils0nDev and AdiArdelean17 like this.
  14. RipperRoo

RipperRoo

Anything new about this?

15. sathya

sathya

Bump.

16. INFEWSUNL

INFEWSUNL

The error is because your login hasn't been validated and there are some purchased assets in your project which require you to login to your account. I had the same error. Check the account tab on the top right corner of your scene and verify whether you are logged in. If you aren't, you'll see your user name displayed. Click on it and you'll be logged in. I was able to remove this error once I logged in from that tab.
    Hope this helps.

17. sathya

sathya

Tried that. No luck.

paulnaude likes this.
  18. DeepShader

DeepShader

Same here.. macOS with Unity 2017.1.0p2

If I try to login via the Account button the window flashes up for a short moment and the console gives me that error.. again and again.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

I had a similar issue although it wasn't stopping me getting into/using Unity, it appeared as an error in red text in the footer/status bar (I'm new to Unity, not sure what that area is called).

In my case I seem to have fixed it by changing the permissions on the c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\ folder in Windows so that ordinary Windows users (not just administrators) have full permission to the folder in Windows (right click folder -> properties -> edit -> add and then add the "Users" group to the permissions and make sure they have full control).

As usual with Windows, your mileage may vary...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
    sousou9 likes this.
  20. sathya

sathya

Tried that as well. still the error shows up

21. ThirdQuestionmark

ThirdQuestionmark

Any news on this? I have the same problem since yesterday evening :(

22. DeepShader

DeepShader

No -.- I already submitted this bug and wrote the support twice.. no response. This is very bad. Specially for all the Plus and Pro members, who pay every month and now we can't work...

Tigersong likes this.
  23. SPandy

SPandy

Morning , same issue here and this method gets me into UNITY - when opening UNITY go to accounts and sign-out , when it asks you to sign-in skip this , then open a project ( and clear error ), this at least fires UNITY up , the error i get using latest version ( 2017.1.0f3 ) on OS X

- Error loading launcher://unity//Users/MYNAME/Library/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=iypkXlgMd9juBxI4PrSMpA007f&locale=en&session_state=9e48f3f94be77bfedcd7bfc6ed5d407a862e3a506fce08c32e620bb3b8f65abd.BPuSjFpdb14KOeEc06gV9Q005f#/login

So simply make sure you're not signed into your account when starting UNITY :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  24. DeepShader

DeepShader

All of you: Send a bug report to Unity and/or write a mail to the support!

25. DeepShader

DeepShader

Could all of you still download and update through the AssetStore? This is also not working anymore for me.

26. OsamaDeep

OsamaDeep

just go to services tap and login again, worked for me and error gone
    but you need to do this every time you start unity again

prjectunknwn likes this.
  27. ThirdQuestionmark

ThirdQuestionmark

Download and update is working

28. DeepShader

DeepShader

29. Cervelx

Cervelx

i have the same issue... Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html

Any news ?

30. DeepShader

DeepShader

No, please report that bug, too.

It's important that UnityTech notifies, that a lot of people got this problem :)

31. DeepShader

DeepShader

Feedback from UnityTech: Will be fixed in 2017.2 final

32. SoldierofYHVH

SoldierofYHVH

33. zapposh

zapposh

Same problem. The various workarounds did not solve the issue. 2017.1 p2 Win10 64bit

34. DeepShader

DeepShader

Feedback from UnityTech: Will be fixed in 2017.2 final

35. jamessimpsonlx

jamessimpsonlx

Do we know when 2017.2 final will be released?

GamerPET likes this.
  36. megabrobro

megabrobro

same problem here. I had to reinstall windows yesterday. Clean install windows 10. Then I had the crap about needing The Creators Update before I could install my 1060 GTX drivers. Now I just started Unity (without any project files existing anywhere on my PC) and it gives me this error every time I start a project.

Annoyinly I had the same version of windows and Unity up til the reinstall, so im guessing it is to do with either the new Windows updates or Nvidia

37. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Just spoke to engineering here, they mention the following:

"This message is harmless, but you can still try to navigate to this location:

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages

First make a local backup, then delete everything in this folder. When you restart Unity, needed packages will be downloaded and hopefully the error will not appear. If you still see the error, you can safely ignore it for now."

The plan is the fix will be in 2017.2 final, no specific ETA yet.

38. OsamaDeep

OsamaDeep

not work too. just ignore it right now

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  39. minerprosk123

minerprosk123

2017.2 is now beta try it

40. agiusr

agiusr

Same here I think that it is the latest version that has this bug and there is no way around it I suppose

41. Silverten

Silverten

This has only for me happened today (08-11-2017) -- I used Unity (community / free only) yesterday, and no problems. Today I have to provide login credentails even to use.. Even after a re-install of the product this still shows up.

I wouldn't care except that I can't event look at variables in Visual Studio in debug mode for a project... Is it relayed? I'm not sure, except that this is the only thing that has changed....

42. Silverten

Silverten

Using a beta version is certainly no answer to such simple posts as this...

43. DemyHallar

DemyHallar

I fixed it by opening the Asset Store tab and making sure it shows that I'm logged in. Then chose to open a project and it started to download it normally. The error is still there but at least I can work with my Cloud project.

44. Mordwyn

Mordwyn

Same issue but it occurs while opening a project. The existing project opens in a blank state.

Editor.log:
    [PathTracer][LP] Integrating deduplicated and tetrahedralized probes for hash <hash>.
    [CEF] undefined in file <path>/assets/unity-editor-home.js at line 39
    Error loading launcher://unity/C:/<path>/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=<code>

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  45. ravin5432

ravin5432

This issue has nothing to do with the install of Unity or your OS. Its a dirty file in your Roaming folder. I think its Unity ending your login sessions faster then they did in the past. This was a bug back in a 4x ver of Unity.
    Back then, deleting the offending file was a fix for a few days. But honestly, just log out, then log back in. You will be good until you shut down Unity again.

Zbad likes this.
  46. dzupin

dzupin

For anybody wondering. Deleting AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages makes no difference. Error will be still there.
    I am getting this error after fresh install of Unity 2017.1p3 (no upgrades, no old projects updates)
    I understand that this error is most likely benign error but it would be nice not to see error message every time I start a new session in Unity. Considering there seems to be no simple workaround I appreciate commitment to fix it in a next release.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  47. zigol01

zigol01

I have the same problem too. The problem is i attach scripts, gameobjects etc. to something like On Click () in button. Unity Team pls repair this fast. :(((

48. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@zigol01 How does this error affect OnClick() ? The error as described is benign, you can safely ignore it. We plan to fix it in the upcoming release.

49. fufu77

fufu77

When i tried to save my work, the editor freeze and the whole effort is gone when i restarted.

50. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Is this a separate issue? This would not be due the the issue described here. Please open a new forum post if you could please.