Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Error loading class

Discussion in '2017.1 Beta' started by StephanieRowlinson, Jun 30, 2017.

1. StephanieRowlinson

StephanieRowlinson

Every time I run my project I get the error below. It appears to have no impact on the actual running of my project, but it is really annoying and I don't understand where it's coming from as the stacktrace appears to end on a bit of the Unity code.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi SRowlinson,
    Could you please file a bug report with a minimal reproduction case of this issue and reply in here with the case #?

3. StephanieRowlinson

StephanieRowlinson

Hi LeonhardP,

I've spent today trying to isolate the error in our code so I could create a sample bug reporting project, but I haven't managed it so far. I'm not allowed to submit our full product to you as an example project either.

So my question is, is there a Unity build/a patch you could give me, which displays the name of the class and the method it can't load in the error I posted above? That would really help me in my hunt for the offending piece of code and should enable me to create a test project for you.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Have you tried calling type.GetMethods() via Reflection on every Type in the project?

You can take a look at the UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks via an IL decompiler, such as ILSpy for example. Once you understand what it's doing, you can probably re-create a small test for that.

5. StephanieRowlinson

StephanieRowlinson

The 2017.2 beta actually includes the information I needed to hunt down the source of the error in error message. Upgraded to that and managed to fix the issue.