Search Unity

Error launching Black Berry Apps in Unity 4.6.2p2

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Daniel10, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Daniel10

Daniel10

All projects are crashing when I try to run in Black Berry device.
    When I build in Unity 4.5, the game runs fine.

This is the log:

Set current directory to /accounts/1000/appdata/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_
    Found path: /accounts/1000/appdata/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_
    Data folder: /accounts/1000/appdata/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_/app/native/Data
    Mono path[0] = '/accounts/1000/appdata/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_/app/native/Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = '/accounts/1000/appdata/com.ludicside.teste.testDev_cside_teste4043064_/app/native/Data/Managed'
    ldd:FATAL: Unresolved symbol "deviceinfo_details_get_model_name" called from Executable

This is a know issue?

Thanks!

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Try logging it in BlackBerry section of forum, but I would try Unity 4.6.3 before doing that as there was permission issues fixed for Blackberry

3. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

What device and OS version are you seeing this occur on?

4. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Hi:
    Device : Any.

We cannot publish our games, because on passport there is an orientation problem, presumably fixed in 4.6.3, but that version added this "unresolved symbol' problem. Is there a fix for this? Also, did 4.6.3 fixed the passport problem?

5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Interesting as I got this from BlackBerry;

- When I test your application on BlackBerry 10 devices the application failed to launch on the OS 10.1 but can be launched on the OS 10.2.1. Please fix the issue so it can be launched on the OS 10.1 or change the minimum OS in the portal to 10.2.1.

Maybe in older versions of OS there was no PassPort support, now in newer versions there is, so adding this fix for Landscape for PassPort makes a crash in older firmware versions as cannot handle it, this is just my thoughts.

6. Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

Woj_Gabel_FertileSky

I got the same answer from blackberry. I am now trying to build my game on previous version of unity. Maybe that will help. There is an option to upload different bar files for different OS versions, so maybe this will help.

7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I think this will help, let me know on progress.

8. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

10.1? That's pretty old. Looks like the fix I made for the passport used a function that didn't exist back in the 10.1 days. I'll have to come up with a patch for this.

9. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes I think this maybe the case, but cannot say for sure. Please check it..

10. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thank you, I will indicate game requires 10.2.1 going further, of course BlackBerry has small market share but I think they are encouraging and doing OTA updates to 10.3 sumfin, which I been testing on most of the time.

I also spent some time goggling for statistics but couldn't find anything as usual with BB, if someone has Flurry installed with their app maybe they can share some stats with us.

12. Daniel10

Daniel10

My BlackBerry OS Version was 10.1 when this occur.

Today, I've tried to build my game and now I receive different errors. After update the Black Berry OS, the error persists...
    My OSX Version is 10.9.5
    My Black Berry OS now is 10.2.1.3062 and I try to build in Unity 4.6.3p1 and 4.5.5p5.
    In both, I receive the same error:

Error: Unknown argument: -

UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_Log(Int32, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities:isValidResponse(String, Boolean) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\BlackBerryPlayer\Extensions\Managed\BB10Utilities.cs:351)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10Utilities:installBarPackage(String, String) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\BlackBerryPlayer\Extensions\Managed\BB10Utilities.cs:235)
    UnityEditor.BB10.PostProcessBB10Player:postProcess(BuildTarget, String, String, String, String, String, String, String, BuildOptions) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\BlackBerryPlayer\Extensions\Managed\BuildPostProcess.cs:151)
    UnityEditor.BB10.BB10BuildPostprocessor:postProcess(BuildPostProcessArgs) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\PlatformDependent\BlackBerryPlayer\Extensions\Managed\ExtensionModule.cs:39)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer:postprocess(BuildTarget, String, String, String, Int32, Int32, String, String, BuildOptions, RuntimeClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayerInternalNoCheck(String[], String, BuildTarget, BuildOptions, Boolean, UInt32&)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings(Boolean, BuildOptions, Boolean)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerWithDefaultSettings(Boolean, BuildOptions)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:GUIBuildButtons(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, BuildPlatform)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:ShowBuildTargetSettings()
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:OnGUI()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String, Object)
    UnityEditor.HostView:Invoke(String)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Thanks!!

13. Daniel10

Daniel10

Finally I can build!!
    I've created a new project and build with success.
    After that, I opened my project again and managed to compile without problems.
    Very strange... but works ^^