Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error - IOS Bundle ID must contain a period ?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by mog-mog-mog, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

1) I cannot create ios build for my project as my project bundle id does not contain a period. My project bundle Id is "GameName" - it does not have any period.
    Cloud build is enforcing this constraint which I believe is invalid. What is the purpose of this constraint? What are my options?

2) How do I edit/delete/rename previously saved signing credentials ? I've saved credentials as Release Keystore which is only a release keystore for 1 specific game. I would like to rename it to Game keystore. This is probably a silly question, but I could not find a way in UI to edit saved signing credentials information. Please help

Thank you, any help will be appreciated

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

1. Your bundle identifier does need a period. It's a unique identifier for your game like: "com.example.game". See the iOS app distribution guide - there is a section on bundle identifiers: https://developer.apple.com/library...de/ConfiguringYourApp/ConfiguringYourApp.html
    2. Right now there is no way to edit/delete/rename credentials through the website. We have added the ability to make those kinds of changes to our API but it hasn't been implemented on the website yet.

3. mog-mog-mog

mog-mog-mog

Thank you for the quick response.

I can confirm that the game Bundle Id I see in Itunes connect and Xcode project does not have a dot. You can easily verify it by creating a new app with non-dot bundle id.
    It is not a requirement from Apple as two of my games are valid examples. Otherwise Apple would have blocked it when creating projects in ITC.

Is there a way to fix this in UI ?

4. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

You're right. I was able to create a bundle identifier in the provisioning portal without a period in it. I'll get that fixed in the UI. In the meantime, you can either use our API to update that bundle id for that build target directly, or PM me a link to your project and what you want the bundleId to be and I'll take care of it for you.