Search Unity

[Error] Invalid playerControllerID

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Syldarion, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Syldarion

Syldarion

Whenever I try to call SendReadyToBeginMessage() on a client, I get an error in the editor that reads "NetworkLobbyManager OnServerReadyToBeginMessage invalid playerControllerID 255". Other times, the number has been -1, but I have no idea how to make my player's ID valid, I guess. Should I just be setting the readyToBegin flag instead, and checking on the server every once in a while? Or does the readyToBegin flag need to be set as well when calling SendReadyToBeginMessage()?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

risokncn likes this.
  2. TiUh

TiUh

I had the same problems with this Error.
    Following helped me:
    Code (csharp):
    2. if(this.isLocalPlayer)
    3.   this.SendReadyToBeginMessage();

cephalo2 likes this.
  3. HANN1860BAL

HANN1860BAL

I'm sorry that I need to answer to such an old thread, but I get the same error "NetworkLobbyManager OnServerReadyToBeginMessage invalid playerControllerID 255" when calling the OnServerReadyToBeginMessage-method. I have no idea how to solve this problem and my research didn't bring me any solution.

Can you please provide me more information on how to call this method properly? I'm calling it inside of my NetworkLobbyPlayer-script - I think that's the correct place for the invoke. And I don't handle the receiving of this message on the server, because I want UNET to handle it...

4. CircusCharlie

CircusCharlie

Thanks a lot man it really worked. :D

5. hasanbayat

hasanbayat

Check network identity "Local Player Authority" checkbox.