Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Error installing packaging with Git

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by emildraganm, Mar 31, 2021.

1. emildraganm

emildraganm

Hi,

I need urgent help. I am trying the basic thing with a new project, 2020.3.2f1, Windows, but I cannot fix it for days. I am just trying to install a package, for example Vuforia and it looks like it s installing via Git. I did everything from forums, but it s not working. As you can see, every time I open the project and when I press play, it asks me if I want to install the latest version via Git. If I press yes, I have an error which I cannot fix, something that it cannot install the dependencies via git. If I press no, it will work and the app will play. I managed to install Vuforia only manual, from their webiste, from a json from the disk. It s the same for any other packages which requires Git. For example, if I want to install Vuforia Cor e samples, it's the same problem, I don t get it why it cannot be a simple download for a package.
    These updates with Git should provide smoother experience, not harder. I want to mention that:
    a. yes, I have installed Git in the Path variable, as you can see from the images and restarted several times
    b. yes, if I type in cmd I can see the version of Git, so it's there. Maybe it's not in the correct place
    c. I ve installed also something Git Fork and placed it there, but same thing

Pleas advice with a solution for this problem.

Thank you.

path2.png path1.png warning1.png

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM