Search Unity

Error installing Entities package

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by rogerdv, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rogerdv

rogerdv

Im trying to add Entities to a project, and I get this error after package is installed:

Assembly has reference to non-existent assembly 'Unity.PerformanceTesting' (Packages/com.unity.entities/Unity.Entities.PerformanceTests/Unity.Entities.PerformanceTests.asmdef)

I have tried installing all that I think is a required dep: Jobs, Mathematics, etc, but anyway, the error persists. How can I solve this?

2. JooleanLogic

JooleanLogic

You need to install the "Performance Testing API" in the Package Manager. Make sure to show preview packages.
    Can't remember if it shows up by default or if you need to add this to your manifest first.
    "com.unity.test-framework.performance": "0.1.50-preview"

3. rossb_unity

rossb_unity

Unity Technologies

Using version 2018.3.3f1 on osx. It appears the Performance Testing API is not listed in the package manager.

Manifest is located in the project root folder->Packages->manifest.json
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 10.25.11 AM.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. tiggus

tiggus

I had this issue as well and had to manually remove the references.

5. rogerdv

rogerdv

For me, it appeared when I modified the manifest.

6. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Getting this same error. Don't see the Performance testing package, plus the entire point of PakMan packages is that they can specify dependencies so why is this not properly listed as a dependency by the Entities package?

Seems like a bug to me.

7. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

To fix this until the Entities package has the proper dependency added, add the following to your project's manifest.json:

"com.unity.test-framework.performance": "0.1.50-preview"

lunariasapphire likes this.
  8. lunariasapphire

lunariasapphire

Modifying the manifest.json (which is in the "Packages" folder of the project) in the way @jwvanderbeck described got it to work for me. Can't wait for this to be out of alpha so this nonsense can stop :p (No hate, Unity <3)

9. llxwd008

llxwd008

I added this dependecy and it shows in the Package Manager, but this do not work for me, is there any other dependecy needed?

10. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Are you still getting the same error? If so then you didn't add it properly. If the error has changed, can you post the error?

11. llxwd008

llxwd008

I have fixed it. Besides "com.unity.test-framework.performance": "0.1.50-preview", I should add "com.unity.test-framework.performance" in "testables": [].