Search Unity

Error in The Golden Path tutorial HelloWorldManager.cs script

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by dsessumes712, Dec 14, 2022.

1. dsessumes712

dsessumes712

Hey,

I'm following the golden path tutorial, and I've hit a road block. It looks like the copy/past code at the beginning of module one has a compile error.

The type or namespace name 'HelloWorldPlayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Not sure what I've done wrong here since I've followed the multiplayer tutorials step by step and everything was working from hello world. I am in Unity 2021.3.8f1.

Here is a link to the tutorial code:
    https://docs-multiplayer.unity3d.co...enpath_one#adding-editor-modes-to-hello-world

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  2. dsessumes712

dsessumes712

Upon further investigation, it seems the problem is that the git repository to add the MLAPI release package does not exist.

Could not clone [https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi.git]. Make sure [release/0.1.0] is a valid branch name, tag or full commit hash on the remote registry. [NotFound].

Can someone link me to the current release so I can add it to my project? Or is there another way to add it?

*Edit*
    I'm seeing that MLAPI is deprecated and I was looking at an old version for this comment. My original comment remains the issue- the type or namespace name 'HelloWorldPlayer' could not be found

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  3. dsessumes712

dsessumes712

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to run through the Hello World multiplayer tutorial until you reach golden path module 1 and let me know if they also receive an error? It isn't a long tutorial, maybe 15-20 min and especially easy if you've done multiplayer setup before