Search Unity

Bug Error in mesh Deformation URP Samples after opening a shader graph

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Tigrian, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Tigrian

Tigrian

Hello,

I think got a bug in the samples, that I actually found in one of my projects too (I went back to the samples, and noticed the bug was there too). It is quite annoying when using Mesh deformations.

To reproduce :
    Open any of the mesh Deformations demo scene ("mesh Deformations" or "SkinnedCharacter").
    Find a shaderGraph in project and open it (I took one from material overrides, for instance).
    Two (or four depending of the scene) errors pop in the console and keep appearing at a scaring pace (you quickly get 2k Collapsed errors after a few seconds).

The only way to stop them is to leave the scene to a non deformation one. Enter the scene again and the errors re-pop. And in the Skinned Character scene, the meshes are bugged. And the only way to have the scenes back to normal is to close the samples and reopen them.

Code (CSharp):
    1. AssertionException: Assertion failure. Value was True
    2. Expected: False
    3. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.Fail (System.String message, System.String userMessage) (at <d8312cdadbc04553bb2b6d38bb19d383>:0)
    4. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.IsFalse (System.Boolean condition, System.String message) (at <d8312cdadbc04553bb2b6d38bb19d383>:0)
    5. UnityEngine.Assertions.Assert.IsFalse (System.Boolean condition) (at <d8312cdadbc04553bb2b6d38bb19d383>:0)
    6. Unity.Assertions.Assert.IsFalse (System.Boolean condition) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity.Assertions/Assert.cs:51)
    7. Unity.Rendering.FencedBufferPool.RecoverBuffers () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities.graphics@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Graphics/Deformations/BufferManagers/FencedBufferPool.cs:107)
    8. Unity.Rendering.FencedBufferPool.BeginFrame () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities.graphics@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Graphics/Deformations/BufferManagers/FencedBufferPool.cs:48)
    9. Unity.Rendering.SkinningBufferManager.LockSkinMatrixBufferForWrite (System.Int32 count) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities.graphics@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Graphics/Deformations/BufferManagers/SkinningBufferManager.cs:56)
    10. Unity.Rendering.PushSkinMatrixSystem.OnUpdate () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities.graphics@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities.Graphics/Deformations/Systems/PushSkinMatrixSystem.cs:61)
    11. Unity.Entities.SystemBase.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/SystemBase.cs:418)
    12. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:670)
    13. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    14. Unity.Debug:LogException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity/Debug.cs:19)
    15. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:675)
    16. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:628)
    17. Unity.Entities.SystemBase:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/SystemBase.cs:406)
    18. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:670)
    19. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:628)
    20. Unity.Entities.SystemBase:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/SystemBase.cs:406)
    21. Unity.Entities.DummyDelegateWrapper:TriggerUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.0-exp.8/Unity.Entities/ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.cs:526)

2. Jebtor

Jebtor

Unity Technologies

Hi, are you developing on Mac?

Looking at the callstack this is probably already resolved in a future release of the package (possibly the next). Please log a bug and we will double check this is the case. You can log a bug through the "Help > Report a bug" menu. Provide the steps to reproduce the issue in the description together with a link to this thread and a request to assign the case to the mesh team.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the inconvenience.

3. Tigrian

Tigrian

No, I'm on Windows,
    The report is IN-19332,
    Thank you for your answer

Jebtor likes this.
  4. Jebtor

Jebtor

Unity Technologies

Thank you, I can see we have received the incident. It will first go to general QA, once they have triaged the case it will be assigned to our team and we will verify it has been fixed.