Search Unity

Error In Entities Package After Upgrade

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by LukePammant, Apr 11, 2019.

1. LukePammant

LukePammant

I have upgraded to `unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.30` and get the following error:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.30\Unity.Entities\Types\TypeManager.cs(773,30): error CS0306: The type 'byte*' may not be used as a type argument

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.30\Unity.Entities\Iterators\ComponentChunkIterator.cs(308,29): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'JobForEachExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)' and 'JobChunkExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.30\Unity.Entities\WorldDiff.cs(1305,60): error CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'JobForEachExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)' and 'JobChunkExtensions.Schedule<T>(T, EntityQuery, JobHandle)'

i have the latest 2019 alpha build and deleted my Library folder. Anyone else had to solve this issue?

2. LukePammant

LukePammant

Not sure what caused the problem but I deleted all the .sln and .csproj files in the base directory, along with the Library, obj, Temp, .vs, and .vscode folders and it's all working again. I had lot of crap built up from working on this project for the past several years and upgrading the project every time a new version comes out.