Search Unity

Error Icons and what to do about them

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Livealot, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Livealot

Livealot

Throughout the beta, I've never understood what the various error icons mean or what to do about them. Explaining those icons would be a good addition to the docs or a sticky post. I've attached a screenshot from the Collab History in the Inspector to see an example.

I've been happily cruising along with Collab + UCB and churning out builds week after week. Then I hit one of these errors and I get stuck in my tracks. Clicking the icon just takes me to the UCB dashboard. Looking at the logs for the failed builds in that dashboard, I get something like

17: Downloading files from Unity Collab...
    18: An internal Unity Cloud Build error has occurred (Unexpected termination of the channel). The Unity Cloud Build team is addressing this issue, and this build can be restarted if needed.
    19: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    20: ERROR: Build step failed with exception
    21: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    22: Problems occurs: nullBuild step 'Execute a set of scripts' marked build as failure
    23: Finished: FAILURE

So now that my builds all fail, and I have an icon in my Collab History showing I have a failure, how do I track down what caused the failure so I can correct it?

Thanks, JJ UCBinEditor.PNG

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Hello! Please PM me the link to your project on the Cloud Build dashboard :)

- Sophia