Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're running great holiday deals on subscriptions, swag and Asset Store packages! Take a peek at this blog for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Error Icons and what to do about them

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Build' started by Livealot, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Livealot

Livealot

Throughout the beta, I've never understood what the various error icons mean or what to do about them. Explaining those icons would be a good addition to the docs or a sticky post. I've attached a screenshot from the Collab History in the Inspector to see an example.

I've been happily cruising along with Collab + UCB and churning out builds week after week. Then I hit one of these errors and I get stuck in my tracks. Clicking the icon just takes me to the UCB dashboard. Looking at the logs for the failed builds in that dashboard, I get something like

17: Downloading files from Unity Collab...
    18: An internal Unity Cloud Build error has occurred (Unexpected termination of the channel). The Unity Cloud Build team is addressing this issue, and this build can be restarted if needed.
    19: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    20: ERROR: Build step failed with exception
    21: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    22: Problems occurs: nullBuild step 'Execute a set of scripts' marked build as failure
    23: Finished: FAILURE

So now that my builds all fail, and I have an icon in my Collab History showing I have a failure, how do I track down what caused the failure so I can correct it?

Thanks, JJ UCBinEditor.PNG

2. SophiaC

SophiaC

Unity Technologies

Hello! Please PM me the link to your project on the Cloud Build dashboard :)

- Sophia