Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Error GLSL link error: The number of vertex shader storage blocks

Discussion in 'Android' started by MrPacoGP, Apr 23, 2019.

1. MrPacoGP

MrPacoGP

GLSL link error: The number of vertex shader storage blocks (1) is greater than the maximum number allowed (0). The number of fragment shader storage blocks (1) is greater than the maximum number allowed (0).

Hi, i think this error is related about to use post-processing in Android devices.
    Someone crashed for using eye adaptation- others for using bloom effect..
    So, is there anyway to safe use with post-processing efects? also, this devices are crashing before to load the game or any scene with post-processing enabled.

2. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

The device you're running on doesn't support SSBO. You have to disable the effects that use SSBO.

MrPacoGP likes this.
  3. MrPacoGP

MrPacoGP

Thank you for support, i like to use it post-processing effects under mobile devices, how can i check what effects are using SSBO? Eye adaptation? Bloom effect? Grain? Vignette?
    --
    Also, this problem i have it before to load any screen using postprocessing profile.
    Is there any way to check if my device support post-processing and activate it? instead of break my app?

4. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

It actually shouldn't break anything (e.g. it shouldn't crash). If it does, can you please post the logcat output here?
    I guess you can try checking if the post-processing Uber-shader is supported or not, and deactivate post processing if not.
    From the list you supplied, I guess the only one that needs SSBO is Eye adaptation.

MrPacoGP likes this.
  5. MrPacoGP

MrPacoGP

Thank you for support
    GLSL link error: The number of vertex shader storage blocks (1) is greater than the maximum number allowed (0). The number of fragment shader storage blocks (1) is greater than the maximum number allowed (0).
    This the only i can see in unity crashed, because in no one of my devices i get this error.

6. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Do you know, on which device models the crash occurs?

MrPacoGP likes this.
  7. MrPacoGP

MrPacoGP

Eyeadaptation on HUAWEI/MYA-L22/HWMYA-L6737, but i do not work mor ewith eye adaptation.
    About
    libGLES_mali.so : ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON;Samsung GrandPrimePlus LTE CIS rev04 board based on MT6737T -- ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON;MT6750 -- ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON;MT6737T -- ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON;MT6797M --ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON -- ARMv7 VFPv3 NEON;SAMSUNG Exynos7580
    all of this cpu show
    0 libGLES_mali.so 0x00000000e800a964 <symbols missing for uuid: ef0cf3efa444976aa0d064e275f27699>

8. aleksandrk

aleksandrk

Unity Technologies

Well, you can try and make a bug report. There's not enough information to figure out, what exactly is happening :)