Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Error: Failed to add editor bundled package. ENOENT: no such file or directory. mkdir

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey guys, I've just installed Unity for the first time and when I create a project with the 3D Mobile Core template I get this error every time 'Failed to resolve packages: Failed to add editor bundle package. (Photos attached for reference). I've reinstalled it several times and tried changing the install and download locations but keep getting the same errors. I want to learn Unity but I haven't even got a chance to start yet. Please help.
    Thank you.
    This is the first error
    Unity Package Manager Error 26-08-2022 22_03_15.png
    And when I click Retry I get this:
    Opening Project in Non-Matching Editor Installation 26-08-2022 22_07_36.png
    And when I click continue I get the 1st error again.

2. zjl5636

zjl5636

I have the same issue, did you fix it?

3. DaftPuzzler

DaftPuzzler

This was driving me insane. I just fixed mine. This may help.

The ENOENT (error no entity) error refers to Unity not being able to locate your packages cache folder. We can set (or unset) Windows environment variables to point Unity in the correct folder path.

The default cache folder location for each operating system is as follows:

Windows (user account) - %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\cache
    Windows (system user account) - %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Unity\cache
    macOS - $HOME/Library/Unity/cache
    Linux - $HOME/.config/unity3d/cache

Now we'll create (or edit) an environment variable for the Unity Cache folder. You can use the default folder location or make a new folder on an external drive to save space on your internal drive.

Right Click "This PC" and Select "Properties"
    ForumProperties.png

Select "Advanced System Settings"
    ForumAdvancedSettings.png

Press "Environment Variables" Button
    ForumEnvironmentVariables.png

Press "New" Button In "System Variables" Section (Or Edit If You Have An Old Variable Set)
    ForumEditVariables.png

Type "UPM_CACHE_ROOT" In Variable Name Field and Press "Browse Directory" Button
    ForumVariableNameAndPath.png

Navigate to either the default folder location above or to your new folder.

After exiting those windows, fully exit and restart Unity Hub for good measure.

Before creating a new project in Unity Hub make sure all your packages are actually in the folder you're pointing to.

You can now open older projects or create new ones (so long as the editor versions you're choosing are installed properly). To check if Unity is searching for your packages in the correct folder open a project (new or old) and inside the Unity editor select Edit Menu > Preferences > Package Manager > and then check Cache folder locations for your packages and your assets.

ThinhHB and CreamStudio like this.
  4. DaftPuzzler

DaftPuzzler

I just noticed your Windows username has an apostrophe in it. There is a recently discovered issue with special characters in folder paths. To fix, either make a new profile on your computer or change your account name to not have any special characters in it.

If I look carefully at your two pictures I can confirm the folder paths are different. One shows "DArt" and the other shows "D'Art".

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  5. setablaze777

setablaze777

Another reason this can happen is if you have an apostrophe in your project title name, which is what happened to me.