Search Unity

Question Error : Deleting Addressables data from StreamingAssets\aa

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by yusufdemir2012, Dec 3, 2020.

1. yusufdemir2012

yusufdemir2012

Hey everyone,

I see this log on console every time when recompiled scripts. Is this a bug?

Deleting Addressables data from MY_PROJECT_PATH/Assets/StreamingAssets\aa.
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:CleanTemporaryPlayerBuildData() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.8.5/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:26)

I am using "Assets/StreamingAssets" folder for Firebase config files; if I delete this folder from project, this log is not appear again on console when recompiled scripts. And actually I don't use "aa" folder in StreamingAssets, it is auto creating by Addressables and it is a empty folder.

Unity version: 2020.1.11
    Addressables version: 1.8.5

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Let me flag this for the team to have a look, and share any insight they might have.

3. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

This is odd. Sounds like we have a little bug in our cleanup code. We'll make a task to look into that.

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all, just wanted to say I've been told this issue should be resolved in a more recent version of Addressables. Likely we're just going to remove some of this messaging anyway.

6. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Hey, did you solve this in a later version of addressables?
    I still get this, I tried to delete all addressables as I didn't want to use them anymore but still get it.

I'm on Addressables Version 1.8.5 - September 01, 2020 in Unity 2020.1.4, and it says it's the latest version of Addressables.

7. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Highly recommend updating, as version 1.8.5 is a really old version of the package.

nicmarxp likes this.
  8. cmahoneydal

cmahoneydal

I was going to piggyback on this thread as someone that was sticking to last known verified package which was 1.8.5 previously. For anyone looking, docs here indicate that version 1.16.19 is verified for Unity Editor version 2020.3. Is there insight into what that means for earlier project versions, if anything?