Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Error CS8035

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Afropenguinn, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Afropenguinn

Afropenguinn

The full error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS8035: Error reading ruleset file A:\Development\SparkTools\Source\SparkTools\Packages\com.sparkade.sparktools.objectpooling\Runtime\Sparkade.SparkTools.ObjectPooling.ruleset - File not found.
    Found in the latest stable release, though I also tested it in the latest beta and the error is still there.
    I have 4 packages installed that all have a Roslyn Analyzer, StyleCop, along with a ruleset for it. This issue only seems to crop up with one package, though it has no differences in the assemblies from the rest that I can see.

I should note this error doesn't appear in the latest 2020 version, so it was introduced somewhere in 2021.

EDIT: I've discovered the bug. Ok, so this package's assembly definition has an assembly reference to another package. Both packages contain a ruleset, and this is the source of the bug. If I remove the ruleset from one of the packages everything will compile. However, this also means that one of the packages will no longer follow a ruleset, which is not ideal.

Would really appreciate this bug being fixed!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021