Search Unity

error CS1704 when upgrading project to 5.6.1f1 from 5.3.4p6

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Randy_Petroglyph, May 24, 2017.

1. Randy_Petroglyph

Randy_Petroglyph

I'm getting this incredibly frustrating error involving UnityVS trying to upgrade my project from 5.3.4p6 to 5.6.1f1. I've reinstalled visual studio fresh but it's still throwing the error. The project runs fine in 5.3.4p6. I've tried deleting my Unity library folder. This occurs with Unity's compiler and Visual Studio Community 2015 and 2017. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to fix this error? Thanks!

This is the only error that is going on -

error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity/2015/Editor/SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    Assets/UnityVS/Editor/SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

Edit/Update:

Found out that UnityVS is built into Unity itself. I deleted the UnityVS plugin in the project and got past this error.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    jcaspews, hery41 and fredriktano like this.
  2. Washington_SP

Washington_SP

Move "SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.dll" out of the folder "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity/2015/Editor"

It solved for me

JuanDLRR likes this.
  3. neural

neural

I would do the exact opposite from Washington_SP. I had a folder named UnityVS in my assets folder and had to remove that. UnityVS comes integrated with VS2017 so i would keep the VS version instead of updating by hand.

Aurayion, ecarbin, BrienKing and 7 others like this.
  4. KevinCodes4Food

KevinCodes4Food

Thanks, @neural that fixed the issue for me on a recent project import!

5. JuanDLRR

JuanDLRR

Mee too, Thank you!

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Perfect!

AnnaF likes this.
  7. BrienKing

BrienKing

Neural's option worked for me as well.

8. Aurayion

Aurayion