Search Unity

Error CS0433: The imported type `UnityEngine.Advertisements.ShowResult' is defined multiple times

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Appricot, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Appricot

Appricot

I are integrating UnityAds in Unity 2017, ( through Asset Package downloaded from the following link) https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/add-ons/services/unity-ads-66123
    I have the following Unity version installed on my Windows machine
    2017.3.0f1
    I have tried enable/disable UnityAds through services many times but none of the trick works on Windows machine

2. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

I believe Unity Ads is just built into the engine now. Delete all the files you installed from the asset store package.

3. Appricot

Appricot

Thanks Antony, but my client requirement is to Integrate with Asset store package.

4. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

But if you're using 2017 you don't have too. :/

5. RozekEnhance

RozekEnhance

Is there a reason your client wants you to integrate unity this way? Does it have to do with them being able to change ad ids?
    If the asset store integration is not working right and you can not integrate through unity, Enhance can help with your integration.

For more information on Enhance® and ZeroCode, follow this link : https://goo.gl/VLvSoQ

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

I also always use the Asset Store version of Unity Ads. I've found that gives me fewer problems than relying on the built-in version. I've had intermittent problems with the multiple definition warnings before, and there have been other posts on that here, but my setup is working fine, now, with Unity 2017.3.1 and the latest Unity Ads from the Asset Store (recently updated). You may want to manually clean out previous Unity Ads files and do a clean import, and in the Services panel enable Unity Ads but turn off the Use built-in Ads extension checkbox.

Attached Files:

7. Kusakubari

Kusakubari

Seems when switching to ios it throws this error. After turning built-in ads off, then reinstalling ads from the assetstore, then leaving it off (after reinstall) it seemed to fix it.
    note to self: Remember to flick the in-app switch in Capabilities to on if using IAP (in XCODE)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. badidismail

badidismail

hello everybody im using unity 5.5.2f1 and i have thes error
    Assets/Scripts/WebelinxCMS/AdsManager.cs(227,30): error CS0433: The imported type `UnityEngine.Advertisements.ShowResult' is defined multiple times

youssef123_12 likes this.