Search Unity

Error CS0106

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by omueller5, Jan 11, 2020.

1. omueller5

omueller5

I am trying to make a pause menu but I have gotten an error saying that the modifier 'public' is not valid for the item; "Assets\Scripts\PauseMenu.cs(26,9): error CS0106: The modifier 'public' is not valid for this item". I can't finish the pause menu without having public in my code.

Attached Files:

• MVS.PNG
      MVS.PNG
      File size:
      24.2 KB
      Views:
  2. WarmedxMints

WarmedxMints

Your issue is likely before that. It looks like you are trying to declare public methods within another method.

Bunny83 likes this.
  3. omueller5

omueller5

my issue was I was trying to declare 4 public void methods in a void method, thanks for the help

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  4. gamenentertainment

gamenentertainment

I also have the same error..

5. mopthrow

mopthrow

Make your own thread and post the entire code and the error messages :). We can't tell what's wrong without seeing your code.

Please use the forum code tags when posting your code. It makes it easier to read.

Bunny83 and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Bunny83 and mopthrow like this.
  7. Bunny83

Bunny83

Exactly!

Well, if it's the same issue, the solution would be the same as well. If what WarmedxMints and omueller5 posted does not solve your issue, you don't have the same issue. This error can occur from all sorts of mistakes. For example in interface declarations you can't use the public modifer either. In any way, create your own thread..

mopthrow likes this.