Search Unity

Bug error CS0104: 'BurstRuntime' is an ambiguous reference [..]

Discussion in 'Unity Transport' started by CrackHack, Apr 17, 2022.

1. CrackHack

CrackHack

So I updated my project to the lates alpha and "cant do anything" because of the error in the title.

In the NetworkSettings.cs there either of the following lines is used four times:

BurstRuntime.GetHashCode64(parameterType);
    and BurstRuntime.GetHashCode64<T>();

But it seems that BurstRuntime is present in 'Unity.Burst.BurstRuntime' and 'Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.BurstRuntime' hence the error.

Quick note for others on how to fix this: Copy the transport package from the packages folder to your assets folder and uninstall the package from the packageManager. Then fix the bug by adding Unity.Burst. to the front of BurstRuntime.Get..... . Adding the lowlevel.unsafe.... path doesnt work because the ..<T> isnt present under that path.

2. CrackHack

CrackHack

Uh, before s1 reads this on tuesday, I forgot to add:

The bug in the package appeared after upgrading from 2022.1.0b11 to 2022.2.0a10.

There were also a lot of other exceptions thrown so I had to reopen my project in safemode a few times until everything fixed itself. Same thing with building the project, third time's the charm and zero problems since.

3. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

What version of the transport package are you using? This should be fixed in 1.0.0.

4. CrackHack

CrackHack

Ah was using 1.0.0pre16 . I can read that the new Version released but I cant upgrade to 1.0.0 from the package Manager in 2022.2.0a10 and I cant see a newer Unity-Version in UnityHub3.1.1. I put the pre16 package back and reverted the changes to the manifest.json. (Deleting the Package and readding it by name doesnt work because the install just never finishes.) Changing the manifest.json afterwards to 1.0.0 worked and only required me to relog into UnityHub and to reopen my project.

Everything works now as expected again, so thank you for the heads up on the new version. Not seeing the new Version in the package manager may cause others a small headache so if that problem occurs for others aswell that may need a fix.