Search Unity

Question Error - Could not find a part of the path ""

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by xandrew94x, Oct 13, 2021.

1. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

I trying to create an application for hololens 2 with multilinguage support, with Unity 2019.4.24f.

I followed the guide to use Localization in unity: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.localization@1.0/manual/QuickStartGuide.html

When i build the Addressables player content (guide task number 9), unity show the error:

Could not find a part of the path ""
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string[],int)

and:

Addressable content build failure (duration : 0:00:00)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string[],int)

Cattura.PNG

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

3. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

Hi Karl thank you for the response.

I have checked several times the path they seem to be correct.

These are the paths:

Cattura.PNG

Cattura.PNG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Could you take a screenshot of the window that says something like Tools/Config? It has a list of paths.

5. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

Sorry I didn't understand which window you mean.

Could you explain yourself better?

Thanks

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

7. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

Ok thanks.

This is the screenshot:

Cattura.PNG

8. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

9. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

Hi Karl,
    here is the log file. [I saw the error at line 14428]

I have tried to restore the data in various ways, in addition to deleting the AddressableAssetsData folder. I also deleted all the localization related folders and reinstalled the package.
    Another detail I can give you is that the build in the Window>AssetManagemet>Addressables>Groups menu always works when there are no tables created.

Furthermore it would be useful to know that I have tried to install Localization following the guide, in a new project, without importing the MRTK libraries, and it works well.

Attached Files:

• Log.txt
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  10. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

I think have found a solution.

Moving the project to another less deep path the problem seems to be solved.

Karl, do you think this is a durable solutions, or can i run into the problem again?

Thank you for your time.

red1monster_unity likes this.
  11. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Ohhhh this is a Windows issue. Paths over 260 characters I believe. You can reduce the size of the asset bundles file name by changing the mode to not include a hash. Its in the group settings. Select the Addressables group and it will be in the naming convention field in the inspector. I have asked the Addressables team if there's anything they can do, its an issue I encountered myself in the past.

12. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

I had seen a similar problem in fact in another thread.

I hope it resolves with a future update ;).

To conclude the discussion and make the solution to this problem as clear as possible for some users, the trick you are talking about must be enabled in the configuration file at the following path?

Asset / AddressableAssetData / AssetGroups / DefaultLocalGroup in the Bundle Naming Mode entry

karl_jones likes this.
  13. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Yes. You will also need to do it for every group, not just the default local one. All of the Localization groups that will have been created automatically. They should all be in the Asset Groups window.

14. xandrew94x

xandrew94x

Perfect, you were very clear.

Thanks again for the answers!

karl_jones likes this.
  15. xucian

xucian

Hi, coming from this thread where I posted by mistake.

upload_2022-6-8_22-1-30.png
    Attached the above ss of the analyzer. I had some items at Check Duplicate Bundle Dependencies, but I temporarily (maybe permanently) fixed them via the Fix Selected Rules.
    It's pretty complicated, as these are assets that come from several third party plugins and are directly referenced in certain scenes, and I'm not sure how to go about it because I don't want a huge separate bundle to always be loaded in memory, with completely unrelated assets (Also, I don't want to include, for example, all types of 'Ore' from a third party asset of Ores, but only the ones I use -- I guess I'll have to always Analyze and manually fix them..):
    upload_2022-6-8_22-2-17.png

If you have any insights about how to go about this, that'd help a lot (also, I guess switching this group to Pack separately would be the first step).

Anyway, the main error shows regardless of me fixing the Fixable duplicates or not. I checked and I don't have the path limitation enabled in Windows

16. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

If you reference them directly and also put them in asset bundles then it will likely create duplicate assets in the build.
    Are you also having errors about the path or is this more about managing the assets?
    Is this because you are localizing assets that are also referenced in the scene?
    You could try and switch the scene referenced assets to also use addressables. If you want to leave that then you can use the localized property variants and don't set the asset table in the scene controls window. When you modify the assets the localized property variants will be referenced in the scene instead of asset bundles. There is a downside if this though, all assets will be loaded in the scene instead if just the selected locales, so you will use more memory.

17. xucian

xucian

I'm not using the localization package, so most of your message is cryptic to me.

Also, the duplicates issue is secondary for the moment, and the errors are the ones that currently block my development. To answer the first question, no, there aren't any other errors apart from those 2 that OP posted, leading to the 3rd when building the addressables.
    What I remember doing before these errors came up (but can't guarantee that this caused it) was to completely re-create all groups, after initially using Addressables Importer that was automatically creating groups based on regex (it turned out this was too restrictive for a my project)

18. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

19. xucian

xucian

Hi. Thanks. For reference for other users: the only solution I found was upgrading to 2021.3.4, which is not ideal at all. Seems a problem with Unity rather than with Addressables or the scriptable build pipeline (whose latest version I also tested on v2020)

karl_jones likes this.
  20. alicanyilmaz

alicanyilmaz

Hi, i found the solution.
    If the path is too long use settings in image

Attached Files:

karl_jones likes this.
  21. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies