Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Error Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssembl

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by BBO_Lagoon, Apr 16, 2019.

1. BBO_Lagoon

BBO_Lagoon

Hi,
    On my game project, everytime I compile I have the same error:
    Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' failed

The compile works but I have to restart unity after every compilation.
    This is very annoying when making lots of compilation for testing device specific behaviors.

I filled a bug report with ID: 1146230

2. bmarinariSparky

bmarinariSparky

Did you (or anyone) find a workaround for this? I can't build Standalone builds because of this. It seems to randomly succeed on maybe 1/20 attempts. Another engineer has tried to fix this, and he can see the "missing" file in the Temp folder, and then it gets deleted before the error is generated. It is also sometimes Timeline.dll in our case.

3. BBO_Lagoon

BBO_Lagoon

for "fixing" it if I can say fixing ... I just add some random compiler argument, this cause a recompilation and most of time it success ...

4. bmarinariSparky

bmarinariSparky

Thanks for the reply. I found that in our case this was caused by recompilation of scripts happening when we attempted to make a Standalone Build. This happens when you have "Auto Refresh" disabled. Re-enabling fixed this for us.

5. BBO_Lagoon

BBO_Lagoon

Unfortunately I have Auto Refresh already enabled ;)

6. unity_LzBuY34i8W2htg

unity_LzBuY34i8W2htg

7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

8. lukaszunity

lukaszunity

Administrator

This is an issue with the "com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi" package that opens the file com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll and does not close it properly, so when we try to copy it, the copying fails, because the file is locked.

This should have been fixed in version 1.0.2 of the package. The workaround would be the remove the package from the manifest. given that you do not use UNet.

M_real likes this.
  9. Tom-Mensink

Tom-Mensink

Hi Unity, @lukaszunity, this issue is very persistant, in multiple Unity versions. It is becoming more than annoying and takes a lot of development time each day. It has been around for at least a year now and I think it is time you take this seriously. There are so many reports of this issue from many different developers, and it concerns not only this dll as in the tread I post now, but with different dlls every time. You Unity guys always ask the same question like which Unity version, what did you do, etc. but the bottom line is that it is a general issue in all later versions and you are not taking this seriously enough. It is rediculous to request us to exclude folders from virusscanners or something. That alone is a nonsense solution and we did not have this problem in the past when Unity was as stable as a house. So come on guys help us and instead of adding new features that make Unity even more unstable (like the horrific integration of Vuforia in Unity) make it more stable please.

10. TinMatt

TinMatt

Hi Pascal and Lukas, has there been any headway on this problem? I am having this issue with both the hlapi bundle (1.0.4) and the post-processing bundle (2.1.7), both are required for my project and I'm unable to build. I can say that this only started happening after upgrading to 2019...

11. TinMatt

TinMatt

I spoke too soon, apologies. I noticed bmarinariSparky's message about Auto-Refresh after posting this and turning Auto-Refresh on fixes the problem. Sorry for reviving this!

XCiaoL likes this.
  12. yerahmat

yerahmat

I am too getting this problem, i tried from reimporting packages, scripts, restarting unity, cleaning with malwarebytes but nothing happened.