Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error: Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemb

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by iazlur2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. iazlur2

iazlur2

Hello everyone, I tested everything today to fix that error:

Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' failed

Mirror asset got me the same error Temp/mirror.dll.

Ive disabled my antivirus, reinstall unity, that error appear when compiling and follow unable to start by play in-editor function.

Please help me, im going to lost hundred of work staff.

Thanks

wlwl2 and Jeanmilost like this.
  2. iazlur2

iazlur2

Solution:

1. Download "Mirror" from asset.
    2. Replace all classic Networking component of all gameobjects/prefab by Mirror scripts component (networkmanager, networkidentity, networktransform, ....).
    3. In visual studio code at right on Solution references, search "hlapi" and remove all hlapi references.
    4. Replace all your "using UnityEditor.Networking" and "using UnityEditor.Networking.X" by "using Mirror;"
    5. :)

mischa2k likes this.
  3. BernieRoehl

BernieRoehl

I had the same problem, and tried that solution. No luck... I still get

Copying assembly from 'Temp/Mirror.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Mirror.dll' failed

4. BernieRoehl

BernieRoehl

... and it turned out to be Dropbox. I paused syncing, and the problem went away.

Leaving this note in case others encounter the same problem.

Hoblum, eladolo and StanleyCreative like this.
  5. unity_4zerogr

unity_4zerogr

Copying assembly from 'Temp/Unity.Timeline.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll' failed

Copying assembly from 'Temp/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll' failed

and missing package manager
    unity V2019.1.0f2

I'm new to unity and before even started to use I encounter these errors, so ...

6. RigoCL

RigoCL

Same problem here.

Copying assembly from 'Temp/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll' failed

This is while downloading and installing "Post Processing" version 2.1.6 using Package manager in Unity 2019.1.0f2, this error prevents from using "PostProcessLayer"

7. killerkpoke

killerkpoke

I got the same issue, after i done the TextMeshPro error. I just did the following :
    In Unity go to Window -> Package Manager, Find MultiPlayer HLAPI, then delete it, and reinstall.
    When i first tried i installed older version (1.0.0), then i uninstalled, and reinstalled the normal version.
    After i run the unity project normally and it worked.
    Hopefully helped.

8. RikiKlein

RikiKlein

This worked for me. Thanks.

9. unity_TNjVCL1wmrIMKw

unity_TNjVCL1wmrIMKw

I got the same issue, I just did the following :
    In Unity go to Window -> Package Manager, Find MultiPlayer HLAPI, then delete it, and reinstall.
    After i run the unity project normally and it worked.
    Hopefully helped.

H_Ishfaq, wlwl2, JoshDW and 17 others like this.
  10. seb_krueger

seb_krueger

I got a complete project in a local git repo and got the same issue (MultiPlayer HLAPI).
    Removing / installing ot from package manager did it for me.

MagnusBoll likes this.
  11. MagnusBoll

MagnusBoll

Works for me as well. Thanks

12. doidgem

doidgem

Unhappily in getting this error trying to reinstall SteamVR 2.3.2. after uninstall. Unity wont install 'Steam VR input' under windows. Out of ideas, suggestions?

13. samra2494

samra2494

, remove the file
    Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll
    and now build works again, once only. The file-removal procedure has to be repeated for every build

Mercer137 likes this.
  14. sparanja

sparanja

I had the same error occur to me. All i had to do was update the MultiPlayer HLAPI version to the latest and re-import the package I was trying to import. Go to Window --> Package Manager and find MultiPlayer HLAPI. Check the versions and update it to latest (worked in my case)

mjamie and ixabhay like this.
  15. EmersonBastos

EmersonBastos

This some problem with my unity 2019.2.0f1, I fixed updating Multiplayer HLAPI 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 from Windows > Manage Packages.

PPfeiffer34 likes this.
  16. susmitkdas

susmitkdas

I have the same error

17. MacBodziak

MacBodziak

What worked for me was to set Project Settings -> Player -> Api Compatibility Level to .NET 4.x

NathanSDunn likes this.
  18. marcosabcarvalho

marcosabcarvalho

That's ok! Working for me! Thank You...! I only update MultiPlayer HLAPI of 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 version.

19. knightcube

knightcube

I just removed it by going to Windows > Package Manager > MultiPlayer HLAPI > Remove and then installing it again. No idea why it works that way. It just does.

20. AmirAslam

AmirAslam

thanks for

21. kostas-vs

kostas-vs

For me, I had to delete "Library/ScriptAssemblies/com.unity.multiplayer-hlapi.Runtime.dll", THEN uninstall & reinstall Multiplayer HLAPI from Package Manager. After that, the Build gave me a "Failed to create ScriptAssemblies directory", and after pressing "Try again", it worked and now works normally every time.

22. susmitkdas

susmitkdas

same

23. tylershatch

tylershatch

Hoping this helps someone. This may be the most frustrating bug I have ever encountered in a development tool.

This issue and variations on it have hard-blocked me, for over a month, from building one particular branch of our app (which required a newer version of Unity) on my own machine. I have been resorting to building it on another engineer's machine, which mysteriously did not experience this issue.

Today I finally figured out the difference between our two machines. He had auto-refresh turned on in the Unity Editor preferences menu. I had it turned off.

I turned it back on and the issue is now fully resolved.

24. Codoet

Codoet

I had cleaned solution in Visual studio and built it back. Then just restart unity and voila it's gone

25. benblub

benblub

Works

26. StanleyCreative

StanleyCreative

Yep, pause Dropbox syncing and restart Untiy fixed it for me.

27. amarnaman

amarnaman

Thanks killerpoke. Worked for me.

28. NayanVR

NayanVR

It's Worked For Me thank You

29. rector96

rector96

Я русский и я столкнулся с этой проблемой тоже. Все выше перечисленные способы не работали. И тут меня озарило, что возможно виноваты русские буквы в пути проекта. И да, это они были виноваты. Возможно кому-то поможет на его языке тоже. Удачи!

I am Russian and I ran into this problem too. All of the above methods did not work. And then it dawned on me that maybe the Russian letters are to blame in the path of the project. And yes, they were to blame. Perhaps someone will help in his language too. Good luck

Eco-Editor likes this.
  30. ppartida

ppartida

This worked for me, didn't need to delete, just updated to the latest version. (from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4)

31. bronek13

bronek13

Had the same problem, migrated from older unity to 2019 and the same error
    What I did, was find in Project, Packages, Multiplayer HLAPI, right-clicked and clicked reimport and no error :D

32. salmanhayat16

salmanhayat16

ii just updated that packages which resolved my issue....thanks man

33. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

my God, had a problem with this too in another tool, Unity 2d extras from github. I did not have dropbox by I had OneDrive. I disabled one drive and the dam thing imported corectly into Unity.

Thanks very much for this tip. I would never have come up with such an idea.

34. Eco-Editor

Eco-Editor

Helped me too, needed to only restart the project afterwards.

juliomontano008 likes this.
  35. phalbano

phalbano

This worked like magic, THANK YOU

36. realgamingart

realgamingart

The things are working but you have to keep in mind if the things are not working then you need to just restart the project/Game/App.
    The problem was also in my ad so I just remove and reinstall advertisement in package manners then the things started to work. I hope it will work for you.

37. mohammedghabyen

mohammedghabyen

Updating Multiplayer HLAPI from packages manager to last version solved the problem for me.

38. omanuke

omanuke

I encountered same issue. I removed MultiPlayerHLAPI from Package Manager , then I can play in the editor.

Mugheed_Ashraf likes this.
  39. yashc2025

yashc2025

I had the same issue .
    Uninstalling Multiplayer HLAPI from Package Manger and installing it again worked for me.
    Thanks

40. Marmofeels

Marmofeels

Unity could very easily solve this by adding a simple "try again" button to the error message, but I doubt they ever will

41. retrobullet

retrobullet

i could click the " UPDATE" option in packages multiplayer hlpi and it worked also for me

42. desijugad

desijugad

100% Solver issue, in just one minute follow these steps go to unity -> windows -> package manager -> and -> multiplayer hlpi -> then click remove, and then after remove, click install,
    then go to console tab in bottom and click clear, your error gone. just visit my site at one if you like my solution https://fresherskey.com/

43. H_Ishfaq

H_Ishfaq

---- worked for me . Thanks

44. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

Try to restart unity, because it's sometimes unity hanging for some reason and need to refresh the scripts assembly etc...

45. akshaykumarpujar

akshaykumarpujar

Thanks it worked for me as well

46. ag931447

ag931447

teimakasih karena solusi diatas menyelesaikan masalah saya.