Search Unity

Error com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage.readStorage()

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ramsayamarin, Jan 26, 2020.

1. ramsayamarin

ramsayamarin

When I run logcat to view logs from my android device, I find this error popping up but it doesnt affect the game as far as I can tell, however I would like to know its cause and possible solution:

01-26 17:38:50.571: E/UnityAds(21337): com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage.readStorage() (line:39) :: Error creating storage JSON: /data/user/0/com.ramsayamarin.popcornchef/files/UnityAdsStorage-public-data.json (No such file or directory)

I have the project Install location set to the default prefer external.

2. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

@ramsayamarin Are you using the latest version of the SDK?

If you're using the latest version and still see this error consistently it would be helpful if you could send full logs and information about your project to our support email and we can look into it:
    unityads-support@unity3d.com

3. ramsayamarin

ramsayamarin

@kr-unity I'm using GoogleMobileAdsUnityAdsMediation-2.1.0 with Admob mediation. There is not much other logs to share since this is all i get from logcat. I'm using Unity 2019.2.19 Windows 10

4. Shefich

Shefich

I have the same issue:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Non-fatal Exception: java.lang.Exception: AndroidJavaException : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 37727880 byte allocation with 25165824 free bytes and 34MB until OOM, target footprint 257055944, growth limit 268435456
    2.        at java.lang.StringFactory.newStringFromChars(java.lang.StringFactory)
    3.        at java.lang.StringFactory.newStringFromBytes(java.lang.StringFactory)
    4.        at java.lang.StringFactory.newStringFromBytes(java.lang.StringFactory)
    5.        at java.lang.StringFactory.newStringFromBytes(java.lang.StringFactory)
    6.        at com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage.readStorage(com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage)
    7.        at com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage.initStorage(com.unity3d.services.core.device.Storage)
    8.        at com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager.initStorage(com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager)
    9.        at com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager.setupStorage(com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager)
    10.        at com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager.init(com.unity3d.services.core.device.StorageManager)
    11.        at com.unity3d.ads.metadata.MetaData.commit(com.unity3d.ads.metadata.MetaData)
    12.        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.nativeRender(com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer)
    13.        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer.access$500(com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer)
    14.        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1.handleMessage(com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e$1)
    15.        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(android.os.Handler)
    16.        at android.os.Looper.loop(android.os.Looper)
    17.        at com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e.run(com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer$e)
    18.        at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CheckException(UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe)
    19.        at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._Call(UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject)
    20.        at UnityEngine.Advertisements.Platform.Platform.Initialize(UnityEngine.Advertisements.Platform.Platform)