Search Unity

Feedback Error "Can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded"

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by ImpossibleRobert, Jul 7, 2020.

1. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

I get a strange error all the time: The AssetBundle '[myserver]base_unitybuiltinshaders.bundle' can't be loaded because another AssetBundle with the same files is already loaded. I package my game levels into individual addressables so it might very well be that some dependencies are packaged multiple times. That is something that cannot be resolved, as I provide an SDK to users to create their own levels so they cannot integrate into a build with all addressables being available for full dependency resolution. Hence, each bundle simply contains all its dependencies. Which is totally fine and actually very nice in my eyes as that makes the process of publishing levels very easy.

That causes this weird error though, if multiple levels package the unity shaders. Is there something I can do about this? It doesn't seem to cause any errors but the error is simply annoying and as a good developer I want to have 0 errors in the console while my game is running. With addressables that is arguably really hard right now as they are constantly throwing errors (which do not seem to be "real" errors as they don't break anything). I strongly suggest to work on that and make that more solid :)

2. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator