Search Unity

Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource library/metadata/__/______.resource

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by RLew, Aug 25, 2015.

1. RLew

RLew

I've been struggling with this issue with Unity Cloud Build for the past two weeks where the error reads:

[Unity] Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource library/metadata/__/________.resource, (File not found. )

The audio files are included in the repository and project, and local builds may successfully be created with the audio, but Unity Cloud Build has yet to produce a successful build that has the audio files. Has anyone else struggled with this issue or know of a solution?

2. Centurex

Centurex

I got same problem. Android here.

How?

When I do "Build and run" it's fine. But when I upload the APK to Google Play (Alpha testing) and try on SAME device, this S*** happens.

From LogCat

3. Centurex

Centurex

4. RLew

RLew

Unfortunately for me, I tried that, but that is not the problem for me. I noticed that some of the audio files are able to be used, and it is only about a third of the files that cause this issue. If I remove these files, Unity Cloud Build is able to successfully create a build, but the error is not exclusive to Android as it is occurring for Web Player and iOS builds as well.

5. RLew

RLew

It seems that there is inconsistency with accessing files from within a Resources folder in any project. Several tests were run using the relation between Sequences and the audio files to determine this issue:

Sequences in Resources referencing audio files outside of Resources caused the FMOD error.
    Sequences and the audio files in Resources caused the FMOD error.
    Sequences and audio files outside of Resourced resulted in a successful build.

Prior to doing these tests, it was confirmed that there was nothing wrong with the files themselves by moving the files causing the FMOD error to a different location in the same project, resulting in a successful build.

6. Tristan3110

Tristan3110

so how do u actual fix this ??