Search Unity

Error builing x64 with Lumin dlls present

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jdcart23, Aug 5, 2019.

1. jdcart23

jdcart23

I'm getting this error when trying to build a standalone Windows x64 executable when the Lumin plugins are present in the project:

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEngine.XR.MagicLeap is referenced by LuminUnity ('Assets/MagicLeap/Libs/LuminUnity.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.

UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:154)

UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:160)

UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:194)

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I'm running Unity 2019.2.0f1

If I exclude the plugin from the Standalone build in the dll settings, I get errors in all the magic leap scripts that I have in my project.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

thorikawa likes this.
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hey, I'm following up with Lumin folks about it internally.
    For now, could you wrap those scripts under #if PLATFORM_LUMIN/#endif define?

3. jdcart23

jdcart23

Yeah. That’s what I ended up doing to be able to keep working. Thanks for checking!

4. trigger-james

trigger-james

Hey @Tautvydas-Zilys

Any progress on this issue or is there anywhere we can track the status?

Thanks

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately I don't have any progress to report. We're still waiting on response from Magic Leap, as the issue exists in their code (rather than within Unity).

thorikawa likes this.
  6. trigger-james

trigger-james

Thanks for the update

7. caryhaynieunity

caryhaynieunity

Unity Technologies

Hello! Just to update this thread, the 0.24.0 MagicLeap Unity SDK should resolve this issue. You can download it from MagicLeap via their "Creator's Lab" app.