Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Error building sample projects

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Antumarin, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Antumarin

Antumarin

I've an issue with every sample project I downloaded from the Project Tiny Samples GitHub. I don't change anything, I don't update any packages. As soon as the sample loads I try to build it for desktop but eventually it fails, always with the same message:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.31.0-preview.24\Unity.Tiny.GameSave\GameSaveSystem.cs(9,37): error CS0122: 'Binding' is inaccessible due to its protection level

The line causing this bug is:
    using static Unity.Baselib.LowLevel.Binding;

It seems to me that it's an issue with part of a feature added in the most recent version, the "Game save system". I need this problem to be solved as soon as possible since I need Project Tiny urgently and this bug won't let me build anything at all. Is there any way I can get my hands on the previous version in the meantime?

MerlinM1S likes this.
  2. kevinmv

kevinmv

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look at this as there could be a version mismatch in the com.unity.tiny.all package causing the problem.

You should be able to downgrade the version of com.unity.tiny.all in your project's manifest.json to revert back to the older version which doesn't contain the gamesave assembly.

3. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi
    What version of Unity are you using?
    And are there any other error messages in the Unity's console window?

4. fxlange

fxlange

Hi, same issue here when trying to build Tiny Kitchen for the first time.

Using Unity 2020.2.0 and Project Tiny Full 0.31 preview 26 but it uses Tiny for Desktop 0.31 preview 24.

Edit: My bad, was trying to build with the normal build system instead of the project tiny way.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020