Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for your feedback about Templates! Tell us about your experiences by taking our survey.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Error : Alembic Different Serialization Layout

Discussion in 'Import Formats & External Tools' started by mekartikshah, Oct 22, 2019.

1. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

I have got the below error in Windows build, it works perfectly in Mac and Editor.

I don't have any more details about the error but i am not able to see my alembic model after this error.

2. palex-nx

palex-nx

It suggests you to search trough your code for [SerializeField] or public fields enclosed with #ifdef ... #endif in assets or pefabs scripts. Did you? Found anything suspicious?

3. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

I understand the error, and it specifically reflects the file which causes the error, and from what I understand it is Alembic Plugin which causes this error, I don't know how to solve the problem. but I still checked in my source code and there is no code which I marked with [SerializedField] nor any public field which I marked with #ifdef ... #endif.

4. palex-nx

palex-nx

mekartikshah likes this.
  5. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

Oh Thanks for the quick reply, let me tell you the details so you or anyone from unity can regenerate this error.

1. I have an alembic model imported from Blender, using a timeline I used animation tracks.
    2. I have built it for Windows 32-bit platform using Unity 2019.1 and Alembic 1.0.6 (i am not sure about the version code but it is updated to the latest release)
    3. It is not able to render the mesh in Windows build but I am not able to reflect the same error code in Mac builds and it renders the mesh in mac build.

by the way, I haven't used the plugin from GitHub, I downloaded it using package manager? is it fine or maybe I need to replace my plugin with GitHub ones?

6. palex-nx

palex-nx

Normally it should be installed with package manager, if present there. And your Unity version is not the latest one or alpha-beta one, so I don't think github sources will help, but you should try that too.

mekartikshah likes this.
  7. vladala

vladala

Unity Technologies

Hey,

I saw this issue in the past in builds but have not been able to repro reliably. It usually goes away after a Library clean or Package reinstall.
    Hope this helps...

8. mekartikshah

mekartikshah

Finally solved the issue.

Thanks, @palex-nx.

Downloaded the plugin from https://github.com/unity3d-jp/AlembicForUnity/ and uninstall the plugin from the Package manager does the trick for me.

@vladala I think there must be some problem with Package Manager's Plugin version, and in Package Manager, the plugin is updated on 26-08-2019 v1.0.6 and in GitHub page the last release for v1.0.6 shown on 7th October 2019 but I don't know the unity package release date so I may wrong.

9. Howrad

Howrad

My Windows build is working, but my WebGL build is not.

I tried this solution -- to uninstall the Package Manager version and install the GitHub version.

First I had a duplicate abci.dll problem, which I solved by deleting one dll.

And then, I had this error as an alert in Chrome: "To use dlopen, you need to use Emscripten's linking support"

Has anyone seen these problems, and has anyone solved them?

10. cguertin

cguertin

Unity Technologies

Hey @Howrad! The Alembic package doesn't support WebGL builds at the moment. The only supported platforms are standalone builds for Windows, OSX, and Linux builds.

unityunity