Search Unity

Error after upgrading from unity 2019.1.13f1 to 2019.2.5f1

Discussion in 'VR' started by V-J, Sep 20, 2019.

1. V-J

V-J

I'm working on a quest vr project, and i'm using Oculus Intergration 1.38

Recently i have updated the project to the latest unity version.
    But after a build i get the following error.
    I tried to renew the manifest, but it didnt work.

Anyone know how to solve this?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.XR.Oculus.OculusManifest.UpdateOrCreateNameValueElementsInTag (System.Xml.XmlDocument doc, System.String parentPath, System.String tag, System.String firstName, System.String firstValue, System.String secondName, System.String secondValue, System.String thirdName, System.String thirdValue) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.oculus.android@1.38.3/Editor/OculusBuildProcessor.cs:60)
    UnityEditor.XR.Oculus.OculusManifest.OnPostGenerateGradleAndroidProject (System.String path) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.oculus.android@1.38.3/Editor/OculusBuildProcessor.cs:130)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPipelineInterfaces.OnGeneratePlatformProjectPostprocess (System.String path, System.Boolean strict) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Android/AndroidPostGenerateGradleProject.cs:39)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

kittphi likes this.
  2. Corysia

Corysia

Did you try rebuilding your AndroidManifest.xml? You also might try upgrading to 1.40 and removing the AndroidManifest.xml altogether.

3. coolpowers

coolpowers

Confirmed for me with 2019.3.0b4 and Oculus Android 1.38.3 from Package Manager. I tried deleting/rebuilding the manifest but I had to roll back to 1.38.2 to fix this.

4. V-J

V-J

@Corysia i tried rebuilding the manifest but still getting errors. I prefer not to upgrade the OI, because I changed some code that comes with it. I will try to upgrade to an different unity version.

5. justdizzy

justdizzy

I was getting this, tried a variety of checking and unchecking boxes but kept happening, finally I uncheck V2 signing, and build succeeded. Hope this helps get you too.

alexchesser and kittphi like this.
  6. V-J

V-J

Thx I will try, but making a build is not the problem, the error occurred afterwards.

7. VirtualPierogi

VirtualPierogi

have the same problem in Unity 2019.2.2 after adding manifest.xml enforcing double handed controlls for quest, as stated on their official site

8. vrobel-lte

vrobel-lte

It's a bug in Oculus Android package.
    You can get a hint looking into the OculusBuildProcessor.cs script in the package. Cached in Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.oculus.android@X.XX.X\Editor
    Check the line you get in the error's call stack. In your case it's OculusBuildProcessor.cs:130
    It can't handle required attributes like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="com.samsung.android.vr.application.mode" android:value="vr_only"/>
    2. android:launchMode="singleTask"
    3. android:resizeableActivity="false"
    You can safely remove these attributes because these will be added automatically. The one that caused problems for me (no idea why) was vr_only meta-data.

solarisn, jeromeWork, Occuros and 4 others like this.
  9. Thaon90

Thaon90

This is gold!
    Works for me as well :D

10. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

11. Gruguir

Gruguir

I am still encountering it with the latest UT 2019/Oculus integration.
    @vrobel-lte says that "It's a bug in Oculus Android package", is it?
    I'm suspecting an issue with my project's upgrade from UT 2018.
    I have to edit 'OculusBuildProcessor.cs' each time I reopen the project.

12. francopenizzotto

francopenizzotto

Upgrade the Oculus XR Plugin and the XR Plugin Manager to the recommended version. It worked for me, with Unity 2021.2.8.