Search Unity

Question Error 500 when trying to purchase assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stimz, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Stimz

Stimz

I've tried a few cards, and a few browsers, and I cant seem to complete a purchase for a couple different assets I'm trying to get for my team. Is the server down, perhaps?

2. pir0zhki

pir0zhki

I'm having the same issue, so you're not alone. Attempted to purchase a couple assets about 30 minutes ago via PayPal and got 500 error. Still got charged, but the order was marked Pending and the assets haven't been added to My Assets.

Stimz likes this.
  3. adamgolden

adamgolden

I had the same error. I purchased with the same card I have made many purchases with before. My online banking shows the money taken/held, but purchased assets are not in my list of assets. Submitted the error info (which luckily includes order number and so on) to support, hoping to get access to what I've purchased soon, or worst case get the money back lol

4. Stimz

Stimz

I was able to get a purchase to go through this morning, so it looks like it's fixed; If you're havin the same issues :)

5. adamgolden

adamgolden

@Stimz - nice - mostly right now I'm just hoping Unity will activate the assets I paid for on my account, because I ordered while there were discounts which are ending soon (..and I'm probably one of the poorest people on this forum, so to me that matters). I don't want to re-order the same ones this morning, because it would mean paying twice and would complicate this getting sorted out. I can also imagine they're super busy and it might be a while before I get any response at all, but whatever though, life goes on! Plus this order in particular was an impulse buy - nothing I want/need urgently. So.. *yawn* whatever, when they get to it they get to it :)

6. pir0zhki

pir0zhki

No response to my support ticket yet. And today the asset store page is super broken for me and doesn't load most of the time, including when I try to access my order history. I did finally get in, and it's still marked Pending.

Edit: a few days later, it was finally taken care of. Missed the rest of the sale, but oh well.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  7. adamgolden

adamgolden

Thanks to Jarvis at support (and Unity's Payments Team), the assets I purchased have been added to My Assets.