Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Erase large sections of tiles 2019.1.5f1

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by OtakuD, Jun 8, 2019.

1. OtakuD

OtakuD

Hi Peeps,
    I'm sure I remember you were able to select a section of tiles and simply press delete to remove those tiles, this doesn't seem to be working for me in 2019.1.5f1. Am I remembering wrong or is this an issue? If the feature doesn't exist how would I go about removing loads of tiles from a fill?
    Thanks

ModLunar likes this.
  2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

You could create a selection area of Tiles using the Pick tool from the Tile Palette, switch to the Erase tool and erase areas of Tiles using the Brush.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. Junhak_Kim

Junhak_Kim

selection and erase tiles with press delete do not work for me too.

2018.4.2f1

4. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

The Brush does not erase Tiles using the Delete key, unless scripted to do so. They mainly work on mouse interactions with the Erase tool, have you tried that?

5. Junhak_Kim

Junhak_Kim

if i filled tile map with hundres tiles, am i have to delete that tiles using erase brush only? (select area and delete not exist?)

6. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hello, if you want to remove only the Tiles that you painted with the Fill brush, you can select a blank Tile in your Tile Palette with the Fill Brush, then click on the area with the Tiles you want to remove. All matching Tiles should be removed, like you are painting with the Fill brush with a blank Tile Asset.

If you want to Erase a big area with the Erase brush, you can select it (shortcut key is D), and drag and hold it over a big area in the Tile Palette. Then it'll be larger and you can erase a bigger area at once on your Scene.

_protagonist, ecssiah and ModLunar like this.
  7. ModLunar

ModLunar

While this solution worked, I think it would be really helpful to be able to select an area (shortcut S), and then use the Delete key to clear that selection of tiles.

It should be a straightforward implementation, with major benefits for us, the developers :). I hope you consider implementing it, thanks!

8. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

With area / single brushes, you can hold shift to erase without needing to change to the eraser tool. That's often the most convenient way.

9. Draelent

Draelent

Shift does the job indeed, but more naturally, you can select eraser and Ctrl + drag to have a big eraser zone.
    Trickiest question, if anyone knows a way to erase a tilemap on several z-axis at once, I'm interested...

10. Lo-renzo

Lo-renzo

Draelent likes this.