Search Unity

Epic Toon FX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Archanor, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Hello,
    I've downloaded the asset but it's around 70MB, since I'm planning to use just one or 2 effects, how can I avoid ti increase the project build size and just importing the stuff that I need?

2. yoko-san

yoko-san

Try the following:
    1. Create a new Unity project and import the whole epic toon fx asset.
    2. Locate the prefab of the effect you want to use in your main project.
    3. Right-click on the prefab and select "export package" in the context menu and make sure that "include dependencies" is checked.
    4. You will see a list of files which are needed to use this prefab.
    5. You maybe have to deselect some files/folders like "tutorialinfo".
    6. Click on "export" and create a ".unitypackage" file.
    7. Place this file in the asset-folder of your main project and doubleclick to import the package.

Archanor likes this.
  3. Archanor

Archanor

I think It's a bug that's been reported before. I will try to find the report.

It seems you can't destroy lights when they are no longer needed- which exactly my LightFade script tries to do after the light is faded out.

So you can disable the toggle to destroy it on the lightfade script attached to the light.

4. RocadeGames

RocadeGames

Hey! I love how these look, thank you so much for making them available.
    I am trying to make a rocketship that has a smoke trail. The rocket ship only moves in the Y direction, the rest of the items move around it, giving it the appearance of going forwards.
    Anyways, is there a way to change the orientation that the smoke trail (I'm using smokedarksofttrail asset) so that instead of pointing up, its pointing to the side instead?
    I tried changing the rotation in both X and Y and that is about the extent of my noob skillz.

5. JesterGameCraft

JesterGameCraft

If the particle effect uses shape module to emit try changing parameters there. Also there is gravity modifier you can look at.

Archanor likes this.
  6. Archanor

Archanor

@KlebEnt I made a variation prefab here that may be a bit easier to deal with (SmokeDarkSoftTrail2). There's no Gravity or Velocities enabled here, only the Start Speed which aligns with the Shape. If you select the particle system with the Shape module open, you can see the particles emitting from the bottom of the Cone.

If you have trouble with the orientation of the prefab you can set the Transform rotation to 0 and instead use the Shape Transform to align the cone.

You can also enable the Velocity over Lifetime module and set the space to World so the particles will always move in one direction no matter which way the prefab turns.

upload_2022-9-20_14-3-40.png

Attached Files:

RocadeGames likes this.
  7. RocadeGames

RocadeGames

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and that helped tons!! Above and beyond what I was expected as support for these assets.

Archanor likes this.
  8. CystemCV

CystemCV

Hello,

How do i made them not be pink? I am using the 2D renderer but i have no idea how to fix them :D

Edit: MY BAD , I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE DOCUMENTATION FIRST!!!

it works now after the upgrade

Archanor likes this.
  9. Abended

Abended

running 2021.3.16f1 with the latest epic toon fx 1.8 URP 12.1.8
    Ran the upgrade in the folder, all materials are still pink.
    Starting a new project so I grabbed the latest LTS.

I've run the upgrade a few times. Any ideas from here?
    Thanks!

10. Archanor

Archanor

I can take a look after new years. Are you using any specific project templates? Is it a 3D or 2D project?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  11. Abended

Abended

VR Core project. Thanks for the look. I'll check back next week!

12. Archanor

Archanor

I have not used that template before- I usually work with Built-in 3D/2D and URP.

From the description, VR Core looks to be built-in render pipeline for me in v2021.3. Maybe there is a problem with missing URP particle shaders.

What do the materials look like in the inspector?

13. Abended

Abended

Yes, I have to import the URP pipeline when I set up the project.

upload_2022-12-30_2-47-14.png

So oddly I see the emoji in the Surface Inputs in the inspector. But you can see it's not consistent.

I have even tried the old - convert materials to URP from the menu, no changes.

14. Abended

Abended

@Archanor Hold off, this may be a me thing not a you thing. I pulled down the URP asset, but didn't actually set it up as the pipeline to use.

Archanor likes this.
  15. Archanor

Archanor

@Abended Hey that sounds plausible. That material is for an emoji effect, so you'll see a little smile there in the base map box :D

The materials will however be pink as the renderer does not know what's happening without the pipeline set up.

16. pep_dj

pep_dj

Hello.

Please, can you tell me if I can make the effects to appear always on top of any meshes in the scene?

Thank you

17. Archanor

Archanor

First thing I'm thinking of is to use a second camera.. Maybe some tips in here.

There are probably tutorials on YouTube how to do this.

18. jrose111284

jrose111284

Hi i just brought this pack but i can't seem to get the scull to work in 2D is there anything i can change to get this to work. the purple clouds show up but no skull.

19. Archanor

Archanor

Are you using Built-in or the URP pipeline? Did you use any project templates?

If you are using Built-in:

If you get invisible particles in built-in, it's usually because Soft Particles are enabled on the Materials. Orthographic Cameras do not support Soft Particles and will render the particles invisible.

If you are using URP:

If you get invisible particles in URP, it can be because the Materials in the asset has the 'Soft Particles' setting enabled. In some cases you can fix this by enabling 'Depth Texture' on your Main Camera or disabling the 'Soft Particles' setting on your materials.

Make sure to also enable Depth Texture in your SRP settings which can be found in the 'Edit/Project Settings/Graphics' menu. Keep in mind that 'Soft Particles' does not work for 2D projects that use orthographic cameras.

If you still have problems, email me a screenshot of the problem with more info about your project.

CC_YN likes this.
  20. alexZoi

alexZoi

I understand the process to fix the issue of invisible particles in both URP and standard, but in case I'm facing issues with the particles being partially visible or flickering, do we have any established solution for that? Also, could you elaborate a bit more on how enabling the 'Depth Texture' in both the Main Camera and SRP settings helps with the visibility of the particles? Thanks!

21. Archanor

Archanor

@alexZoi Since the particle materials have Soft Particles enabled, it means the scene's depth needs to be sampled in order for the effects to fade towards the environment. By default it is off in URP, so they just end up invisible for some reason. In Standard at least they are still visible without the soft edges.

I'm not sure what the problem may be with flickering particles, could be Z-fighting perhaps? If it's a 2D game then maybe you need to use the layer system. Feel free to send me a video through my support email and I can take a look at it.

22. aglot

aglot

Hello,

If I have understood correctly, I will not be able to see some parts of some effects when I work with the Built-in 3D. Maybe it will be pink in color. This applies to which category or which effects. I want to use the effects for my mobile game. I would be glad if you could provide information.

23. Archanor

Archanor

@aglot If particles turn pink it's usually because of a broken shader. It should not happen in built-in unless you have messed something up with the render pipeline.

Invisible particles in Built-in may happen if you have an isometric camera and Soft Particles enabled at the same time. There can be other reasons such as the particles rendering behind other geometry, usually because that geometry's shader is set to be transparent.

24. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

Hi, is anyone aware of or having issues in 2023.3.4f1 URP with nothing rendering in gameview. Depth Texture was enabled and I tried turning off soft texture in the mat. Neither helped and I was trying it on the Fireball. Now the blood effects they work just fine.

25. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

Hey those VFX are SUPERB! But i need HDRP version :(
    Are you planning to release it to HDRP too ? Thanks!

26. giulychuu

giulychuu

also work for virtual reality?

Archanor likes this.
  27. Archanor

Archanor

@giulychuu Yes, the effects have already been used in a few VR games :)