Search Unity

Epic Toon FX

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Archanor, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Clyon

Clyon

I am using the latest versions:
    Unity : 2020.1.2
    URP: 8.2.0

2. Archanor

Archanor

@Clyon I have 2020.1.0f1 installed, and I'm not even able to download the latest version of my own asset from the Package Manager :/

3. Clyon

Clyon

@Archanor okay :( thank you for your time <3

4. Archanor

Archanor

5. esteimle

esteimle

I just bought this asset but I'm having problem with most of the missle prefabs. They don't show up in preview just a solid blue screen, then when I load them in to my scene I can't see it either. But some of the others work like frost I can see. I'm on unity 2019.4

6. Archanor

Archanor

If you can add some more details and add a screenshot, I can take a look at it next week when I'm back at my pc unless I see a solution right away.

I've never seen any blue screen problems before, but I assume you're working in URP?

See my support template on which details to add to the email : https://archanor.com/support.html

7. emrys90

emrys90

I recently switched over to using URP, and I'm having an issue with the ChestAppearWhite prefab. It renders in the scene view, but in game view its invisible. I applied the URP Fix in the Upgrade, and it fixed the other effects that I use, but not that one. Any ideas?

8. Archanor

Archanor

@emrys90 Is the entire effect invisible or just the cloud effect? Can you check if the materials have Camera Fading or Soft Particles enabled?

If Soft Particles is enabled and you wish to keep it on, make sure you enable the Depth Texture on your camera settings, otherwise it will be invisible.

9. sherzhen

sherzhen

Hello! First, I'd like to thank you for such a cool asset. A very simple yet powerful way to make the game more entertaining.
    There is one problem with urp. If you enable anti aliasing, then even with all conditions fulfilled from the instructions, the effects will not appear in the game view.

10. Archanor

Archanor

@sherzhen Hey, first time seeing this problem before. I'm not sure why this would happen :/

I know that in some cases particles would disappear when Soft Particles is enabled, but it would be solved when Depth Texture is enabled, so you could see if that works. It's possible you have to enable it in camera and in the URP settings just above where you enable Anti Aliasing.

11. dmarku26

dmarku26

Sorry was able to figure it out. Nevermind

@Archanor I just bought your asset and all the materials are pink and not working. I am using URP. Any idea how to fix this, otherwise the asset is no good for me. https://ibb.co/Z6qkFYX

I am using Version 8.2.0 - July 13, 2020 of URP

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Archanor likes this.
  12. LucaSpremulli

LucaSpremulli

Hi there, I was just curious if there was a way to apply the Cardglows from Epic Toon FX to UI elements? Essentially I want to have cards in my UI show the glow. I'm fairly new to Unity so I'm sorry if this is a very noob question.

13. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Hmm. Looks interesting. Especially with the sale now. But is there a rain particle? I could of sworn this had snow and rain. Lol I’ll check the web demo eitherway.

14. LucaSpremulli

LucaSpremulli

it has rain, snow, wind and leaves

15. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

yes I just saw it. love it.

And will I be able to to clone a prefab and edit as it want to? Like change parameters on it? I do this with another toon particle asset.
    Also these particles, destroy themselves right?

16. LucaSpremulli

LucaSpremulli

I have been able to tweak the values in the particle system component. Although I haven't specifically tried to create my own prefabs from them yet, I assume you should be able to.

QbAnYtO likes this.
  17. Archanor

Archanor

@LucaSpremulli There's some info (near the bottom) of my website FAQ about using particles in GUI by using Camera Stacking or another workaround. I don't have any experience with it myself unfortunately, but some of my customers had luck using Camera Stacking.

Camera Stacking Tutorial
    Camera Stacking for URP

Having worked more with Shader Graph lately, I would probably attempt making a card shader with a rimlight/fresnel effect instead of using particles, if you are relying on the 2D part of Unity.

18. Archanor

Archanor

You can make a copy of a prefab and edit it as you like without affecting the original. The effects are pretty modular, you could for example open a prefab and copy the parts you like and combine them with other particle systems.

The particles are not (yet) set to use the Self Destruct function, but that is a built-in feature you can enable on each individual particle system.

19. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Ok. Well. I’m gonna buy it now lol.

And this should work on consoles too I presume. I don’t see why not. And maybe mobile as well?

20. Archanor

Archanor

@QbAnYtO It uses the standard particle shaders provided by Unity, so in theory they should work for all platforms.

The effects were mainly made for Standard rather than URP, so I recommend using the effects there for the best visuals.

QbAnYtO likes this.
  21. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

That’s where I’ll be using them. Thanks again I just bought it. :)

hopefully you’ll keep supporting this asset and updating it and. It abandoning it. It’s a great asset even at full price.

Archanor likes this.
  22. Archanor

Archanor

There's definitely still room for a lot of improvements and additions :)

QbAnYtO likes this.
  23. R1PFake

R1PFake

What's the best way to preview the bullet missle effect (of the Epic Toon FX pack) with Unity 2019? When I drag it in the scene and play/reset (in the small preview menu) I don't see anything for this specific particle effect, I don't know why. The preview seems to work for the other effects. I want to preview it, because I want to scale it to fit my gun size.

24. Archanor

Archanor

@R1PFake The bullet missile effect only emits particles when it's moving, so you'd have to attach it to a moving object or move it around in the Scene view to test it out.

25. daf980qw

daf980qw

I have trouble resizing and rotating TallFire.
    Original
    upload_2021-6-6_17-35-36.png

Resizing its parent to 0.2x and 0.2y make the light bigger

upload_2021-6-6_17-36-46.png

Also, the rotation make no sense. Rotating the parent desynch the arrow and the fire
    Arrow at rotation 0,0,90 = Fire at rotation -180,90,-90. What's the math behind this? A simple rotation constantly moves all 3 axis at the same time.

upload_2021-6-6_17-41-0.png

I'm kinda dissapointed because scaling and rotating are 2 very basic function you'd expect to work.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  26. daf980qw

daf980qw

Oh and resizing + rotation does that upload_2021-6-6_17-45-7.png

27. Archanor

Archanor

@daf980qw Scaling particles non-uniformly is not always as simple, and I think you were unlucky with this particular effect.

The problem here is that two types of particles are used together, one with Stretched Billboards and one with Billboards.. Once you scale them non-uniformly, the particles themselves will be squished, and their pivots will skew, so all together it'll look messed up.

If you scale the whole effect uniformly to a width that looks okay, and then want to adjust the length of the fire, you can change the Start Lifetime and Start Speed for the TallFire and Glow sub-emitter to your liking.

upload_2021-6-7_0-35-50.png

Edit: Also a tip- the SoftFireTrail might be a good substitute effect as you should just have to worry about the scale.

28. daf980qw

daf980qw

I appreciate the fast reply for a 4 years old assets. I think I start getting how it works. Rather than change the transform I change the particles settings and I changed scaling mode to local so the game stop messing up. Your suggestion worked as well and the fire trail is awesome too.

The only remaining problem is the rotation, I guess that's because the fire is 3D while my game is 2D? Rotation Z is the only thing I ever need to change normally but the result does not match my expectation and I can't use the rotating tool since it's calculated by the game.

Edit : I found the math behind the rotation.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Archanor likes this.
  29. Archanor

Archanor

30. davidrudpedersen

davidrudpedersen

Hi
    Which of the particles are in 2D and which are in 3D? Thanks in advance.

31. Archanor

Archanor

Most effects are in 3d but they are also compatible with 2d.

32. Archanor

Archanor

Hey everyone! I just released a new update for Epic Toon FX. WebGL demo, patch and new videos are up. Patch notes below.

onomatopoea.png powerbox.png scr_powerups2.png

New GIF Gallery !!

v1.8 (For 2019.4.24f1 and up) - December 5, 2021

This patch improves on existing visuals and sound effects, and also features all new content such as new missiles, water and fire effects, powerup boxes and more.

Some projectiles have been updated to use meshes instead of multiple overlapping billboards to improve consistency and performance of the effects.

Textures and liquid/blood spritesheets have been updated.

New content:

* 82 new VFX
    * 264 new prefabs
    * 25 new SFX

New Combat FX:

- Added Text/Onomatopoeia Explosions (24 prefabs)
    - Added Sharp Missile (12 prefabs)
    - Added Energy Missile (15 prefabs)
    - Added Clear Water Missile (3 prefabs)
    - Added MysticDark Missile (3 prefabs)
    - Added Bubble Missile (3 prefabs)
    - Added Fireball Sharp (8 prefabs)
    - Added Fireball Soft (12 prefabs)
    - Added MeshRocket (4 prefabs)
    - Added MeshLaser (4 prefabs)
    - Added MeshBullet (4 prefabs)
    - Added Lightning Explosion Soft (4 prefabs)
    - Added Lightning Missile Soft (4 prefabs)
    - Added Nova Missile Soft (4 prefabs)
    - Added Nova Explosion Soft (4 prefabs)
    - Added Snow Missile (3 prefabs)
    - Added Flash Missile (4 prefabs)
    - Added Flash Explosion (4 prefabs)
    - Added Magic Nova Explosion (5 prefabs)
    - Added Sharp Flamethrower (4 prefabs)
    - Added Standard Muzzle (4 prefabs)
    - Added Starline Explosion (4 prefabs)
    - Added ShadowExplosion3
    - Added ShadowExplosion2
    - Added PoisonExplosion2
    - Added PoisonExplosionSoft
    - Added LiquidExplosionSlime
    - Added LiquidExplosionWaterClearBig
    - Added LiquidExplosionAcidBig
    - Added LiquidExplosionLavaBig
    - Added BloodExplosionRound2 (4 prefabs)
    - Added Blood (Water reskin) (11 prefabs)
    - Added Giblet Explosion (6 prefabs)
    - Added ToonRadialPunch (4 prefabs)
    - Added SoftRadialPunch (4 prefabs)
    - Added HitDustExplosion

New Environment FX:

- Added CalmStarField
    - Added Lightning Orb Soft (2 prefabs)
    - Added Lightning Orb Sharp (2 prefabs)
    - Added Transparent Water (9 prefabs)
    - Added RoundFire (4 prefabs)
    - Added SpikyFireBig (4 prefabs)
    - Added ToonRadialFire (4 prefabs)
    - Added ToonTallFire (4 prefabs)
    - Added Whirlwind variants (2 prefabs)
    - Added SmokeBurstSoft (2 prefabs)
    - Added Candle variants (3 prefabs)

New Interactive FX:

- Added PowerOrbLifeElemental
    - Added PowerOrbShadowElemental
    - Added PowerOrbFireSoftElemental
    - Added Level Up (12 prefabs)
    - Added Loot/Unbox Explosion (1 prefab)
    - Added Warning (4 prefabs)
    - Added SwirlPortal (5 prefabs)
    - Added ItemSparkleBurst (7 prefabs)
    - Added PowerBox (11 prefabs)
    - Added Metal PowerBox (11 prefabs)
    - Added PowerBox Pickup (11 prefabs)
    - Added HealOnceBurst

Other changes:

- Adjusted most effects to not cast shadow
    - Updated several effects and textures
    - Added new powerup symbol textures
    - Added new spritesheets
    - Renamed CartoonPunch to ToonPunch
    - Sorted emojis
    - Fixed Collisions being enabled on certain effects
    - Apply Active Color Space is enabled by default on effects, URP version of asset should look better now
    - Recounted prefabs (there were a bit more than expected)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
    halley likes this.
  33. QbAnYtO

QbAnYtO

Amazon update. Thanks for all you do! Love that blood splatter !

Archanor likes this.
  34. dock

dock

I thought this package had been depreciated because the Unity Package Manager doesn't show it in the listings at all.
    You can sort alphabetically, or search "Epic" or "Toon" and it will never show up. I can only add it to my project by using the website and 'Open in unity'

The Unity Package Manager finds new ways to be completely terrible.

35. Archanor

Archanor

Hmm, strange. You're listing for "My Assets" at the top category?

36. dock

dock

upload_2022-3-11_12-23-3.png

Yeah, there are plenty of my assets there but Epic Toon FX is AWOL

37. Archanor

Archanor

@dock You could check if you have any filters enabled in that list, otherwise I would contact Unity Support to see if it's an account issue. Maybe you bought the asset on the wrong account?

38. NJ333

NJ333

Some of prefabs not showing when I switched to URP. I am using 2020 unity LTS version. Is this intended behavior that not all prefab will work for URP or is it bug?

p.s I imported everything from "Upgrade/ETFX 2019.4.24f1 URP Upgrade" file and I am using demo scene. for example not all blood effect works in the Main scene

39. Archanor

Archanor

@NJ333 You might have to enable Depth Texture in your SRP settings which can be found in the 'Edit/Project Settings/Graphics' menu. You can double-click to open the render pipeline asset.

NJ333 likes this.
  40. NJ333

NJ333

Thanks it fixed problem!

41. NJ333

NJ333

But seems it doesn't work for 2D lights, particles are not showing there. Is this expected?

42. Archanor

Archanor

If you're in URP / 2D and use sprites, you can also disable the Soft Particles on the materials used in the VFX as I believe you do not need Depth Texture there.

I don't have so much experience with 2D URP unfortunately. The effects are using 3D lights by default. Maybe you could send me more details about what is wrong and perhaps screenshots of the problem you are having over email.

43. einsteintech

einsteintech

Love the assets. Is there a way I could make it so a particular particle effect always plays "on top" of other objects? In my case, I am trying to shoot a pumpkin on a bale of hay and half of the "splat" is rendering inside the hay.

44. Archanor

Archanor

Hi. Is it for a 2d or 3d project? Do you have a screenshot?

45. einsteintech

einsteintech

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a 3D app. Just wondering if you know if a way to make the effect appear ahead of whatever its transform puts it behind/inside of. See below.

46. einsteintech

einsteintech

The more I research this, the more it seems way complicated than I thought. (Just the way particle systems work in Unity that is...) So in the meantime I just worked around it by enabling the "shape" module of the particle system and moving the Y up to 2, so the "splat" appears above the pumpkin and the splatter stays where it was. It'll do for now. Since this is a VR project, I don't think some of the workarounds like multiple cameras or overlays would be applicable.

47. Archanor

Archanor

Sorry for the slow reply, very busy week here.

I have not tried this myself, but you could try changing the Z (I believe) offset in the Renderer of the particle system at least for the text bit.

An alternative way is to render the whole explosion above with a camera stacking/layering method, but I think that is expensive and a bit more extra work.

48. Peyot

Peyot

Hi @Archanor! Thanks for the great asset. I'm building a game for Oculus Quest 2 using URP and had a problem with the particles not showing in the build. I've made sure that the particles I use have Soft particles disabled, I've also tried to enable Depth on camera and other fixes suggested here.

The only thing that helped me was changing the material Surface Type from Transparent to Opaque and enabling Alpha clipping.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work without changing the material?

HackerOfDreams likes this.
  49. Peyot

Peyot

Archanor likes this.
  50. yoko-san

yoko-san

Hello!

I just bought this asset and imported it into a test-project.
    I updated to URP and included all scenes to the build settings before started the demo-scene.

Unfortunately, there are some effects (like the nuke-explosions for example), which are spamming the console with error messages:
    "Can't remove Light because UniversalAdditionalLightData (Script) depends on it".

How can I solve this problem?