Search Unity

Question Environnement - enhance the tracking in existing place

Discussion in 'AR' started by VincentBlinkl, Jun 9, 2021.

1. VincentBlinkl

VincentBlinkl

Hello,

We will organize an event an AR Event with 5 artists and their artworks will be shown in AR using ARFoundation here:

498_GPE__8714.jpg 510_GPE_8773.jpg 514_GPE__8786.jpg

Artwork are launched by scanning 3mx3x meter image targets, then they are mostly visible in the center of the space (first photo, where the roofs are joining).

The problem after on-site testing is that some artworks have a problem of drifting after walking in the space; for exemple I launch one artwork, then move about 5m and the scene move suddenly by 2-3m.
    This is not happening on other places (mostly outdoor or inside big other buildings).

So the question is, is there any way we could help the tracking (SLAM) algorithm to resolve the problem ?
    In the event there will be other structures, but not many.

I was thinking about adding markers on the roofs or on walls in T shapes to enhance the features points of the SLAM algorithm. Maybe the lights messes up with the tracking aswell, can shut them down if needed.

If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears :)

In addition you can check this video that was done with ARFoundation and that counts features points (it was done in a part of the place that was in work at the time - but it's very similar at what is it today) :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Koe1CCv-xeY_iPNHndPeQI2MJ08vUd1B/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance !

PS : Thanks to Unity folks to have made this project possible with ARFoundation ; developping complex artworks AR viewing on iOS and Android would be a pain without this framework :)

2. ndelap

ndelap

Got a similar issue with an AR exhibition I am building regarding objects drifting with the Camera movement, and not 'sticking' in place. Did you find a solution?