Search Unity

Bug Environment Reflections not working with hybrid renderer 0.50.0

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by scottjdaley, Mar 21, 2022.

1. scottjdaley

scottjdaley

Hi, I recently upgraded my project to the latest entities and hybrid renderer packages. After getting everything working, I noticed that objects in the scene don't have the correct lighting. I believe the issue is that entities are not being rendered with the correct environment reflections.

In the gif below, the object on the left is a normal game object, while the one on the right is converted to an entity. Both are using the exact same mesh and material and I'm using URP 10.8.1. I am trying to make the converted entity look just like the game object does.

environment_reflections_not_working.gif

I tried setting the `Source` of the Environment Reflections to both Custom and Skybox and I'm seeing the same result.

I updated Unity and the packages at the same time as follows:

Unity editor 2020.3.24f1 -> 2020.3.30f1
    com.unity.entities 0.17.0-preview.42 -> 0.50.0-preview.24
    com.unity.rendering.hybrid 0.11.0-preview.44 -> 0.50.0-preview.24
    com.unity.burst 1.7.0-pre.1 -> 1.7.0

If it is helpful, I can attempt to revert the packages back to the older versions and see if it was the unity editor update that started causing the problem.

I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue or if I possibly have something misconfigured. Thank you!

2. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

To confirm: this was working for you in the previous version?

Would it be possible for you to submit a bug report about this issue?

3. scottjdaley

scottjdaley

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this was working with the previous unity and package versions listed above.

I'll try to put together a smaller repro project and submit a bug report.

4. scottjdaley

scottjdaley

I submitted a bug report with a small repro project. Case number 1412830

cooooop, JussiKnuuttila and joelv like this.
  5. scottjdaley

scottjdaley

Hi, any update on this? Has this been reproduced by anyone at unity?

I haven't seen any updates on the bug so just wanted to make sure this didn't slip through the cracks. Thanks!

Occuros and Kevin-Keyser like this.
  6. cooooop

cooooop

I meet a similar problem. When I check both ConvertToEntity and Environment Reflections of Material, object cannot reflect any lights and seems black.

7. VincentBreysse

VincentBreysse

Unity Technologies

Hi! Yeah, the bug still hasn't been processed by customer QAs. They have probably decided to prioritize other things. But don't worry, the bug has been correctly reported and there is not much you can do except waiting now. Although note that even if it had been already processed you might not get a fix for this very soon. The Hybrid Renderer team is quite busy currently.

scottjdaley and cooooop like this.
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

As a workaround you can sample the reflection probe in shadergraph. Not ideal, but I saw elsewhere it's unlikely for HR to be updated until after 1.0.

9. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

To give an update on this issue, this bug should be fixed in the 0.51 release.

Occuros, cooooop, scottjdaley and 2 others like this.