Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Environment parameter randomization only at the start of an episode

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by V3CT0R173, Mar 20, 2024.

1. V3CT0R173

V3CT0R173

Hi there,

I am currently building a curriculum in a yaml file. I am attempting to use parameter randomization, but I want the value to be resampled only at the start of each new episode and remain the same throughout it. I am on the latest main branch version for both the python tool and unity package. https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.ml-agents@1.1/changelog/CHANGELOG.html This mentions in the latest change that
    resampling-interval
    is now removed (which seems the case in my install too) to allow for exactely my scenario where I want to sample once for each episode as they say. But right now when I retrieve the parameter from the academy with
    Academy.Instance.EnvironmentParameters.GetWithDefault("param", 0.0f)
    each sample is still different.

What should I do differently? The docs linked in the changelog don't seem to reference any way of how to do this, am I missing something in there?

Thanks in advance!
    Jonathan