Search Unity

Environment Lighting source keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FuzzyLuke, Aug 2, 2018.

1. FuzzyLuke

FuzzyLuke

Hello.

After upgrading to unity 2018.2 last week I started running into this issue where I'll be working on something else, say, an animation or some prefab editing and suddenly the Source setting for Environment Lighting resets to the null value (empty) and I have to manually set it back to "Color".

When reset occurs, my entire scene becomes very dark as a result.

I do not have these issues transitioning between scenes and my auto-generate lighting setting is off, it only happens when I'm actually working on the game while the game isn't running.

It seems to occur more often when I'm working on animation events that I imported from blender. Sometimes just adding an event or switching animations before even hitting "apply" is enough to cause the error.

Any help is appreciated.

2. messia_stas

messia_stas

I have the same issue, it happens frequently, sometimes even after reloading scene in play mode (but usually when I'm working witch code in VS). My current Unity version is 2018.2.7f1, but I had the same problem on previous 2018.2 builds

Attached Files:

3. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Same problem using 2018.2.9f1, reset each time I press on play button, annoying.

4. MaxSamarin

MaxSamarin

Same issue. Happens every time I add an event in an imported animation from Blender. 2018.2.8f1

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

My issue was I'm using HDRP, it takes over the settings its not a bug.

6. ader42

ader42

I get this quite a lot with 2017.4, it's a real pain. For me, it affects when the game is running and in the editor.

7. magg

magg

Happens for me as well when working with certain mecanim animations. Very annoying. (2018.2.1f1 -- but I had this issue forever now)

8. hanks234

hanks234

Lighting Going Dark

This issue might be a bit similar to yours so maybe the steps in here can help as well.
    When using Application.LoadLevel() to reset a scene it caused the lighting to change dramtically during second load and this happens in the preview window in the editor.
    using these steps, it was corrected thou

Navigate to Window > Lighting > Settings > then uncheck the box for “Auto Generate” close to the bottom of the window

Take note that if you want to make any changes to your lights or even add more lights, you will have to ‘bake’ the lightmap again. So just go back to Window >Lighting >Settings and press "Generate Lighting” to bake the lighting once manually.

9. Riderfan

Riderfan

Yes, this happens to me all the time. I've reported the bug but the only reply I get is "please send us a reproduction project".