Search Unity

Environment Gator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Karlbovsky, Jan 17, 2014.

1. John-G

John-G

Will the new moon still show correct lighting and phases.
    While not making a flightsim currently, I plan on starting something soon using UnityFS for the physics side of things.
    I can help in any way to get EG working for flight etc with clouds that can be flown thru.
    I am currently waiting on Terraincomposser to be updated to V2 and the new terrain streaming asset to be released before I start my project. As far as I can tell this will move the terrain around the player/aircraft to avoid floating point issues.
    I guess for EG to work it would be necessary to create a sphere for clouds large enough to allow high altitude positions while speed of clouds and direction of clouds within the sphere to be influenced by the direction and speed of players aircraft.

2. katoun

katoun

Hello.
    The best Day/Night Atmosphere Weather system for Unity and I regret I haven't found it earlier as I would have not spend the money on the other libraries.
    As a suggestion for integration other libraries, this looks interesting: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/5048

Regards.
    P.S. Waiting for more bug fixes and more optimizations. My fist integration in my project I get some script null reference errors though the demo scene works fine and the FPS seems to be a bit lower that with TOD or UniStorm.

3. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

That's good to hear! Thank you so much for the efforts!!

The moon will still available in 2 versions, the current one but with a less expensive mesh, and another version, much more simple, built with a mesh ( circle ) + texture's atlas for moon-phases.

..regarding your project, i think we will find a way to implement the EG. The "move the world not the player" approach sounds good to me. Another interesting way to avoid floating point issues, is to reset the player/cam position after a certain amount of "units/meters" resetting the world position by that amount as well. I've found this method useful in a space-sim project i was working on, pretty accurate and flexible for large/endless scenes.

Thank you so much, i'm really glad you like it!! That's the kind of rewards that helps me go further and better with the EG!!

The 1.5 will be an hotFix and optimization oriented update, i'll try to be smart!! ;)
    Can you please send me the script's ref error you got. You can do it using this page, it will help organize my mails.

Thank you all again guys, for the support!!
    I'll be back soon with some news regarding the new update development.

Best Regards,

4. katoun

katoun

Regarding the error I will first take a look at it and see if I find what I may have missed when integrating EG in my scene. If I can not figure it out by my self I will ask for your help. If I fix it I will give a reply here with what I found.:)

Regards.
    EDIT:
    I have figured out the issue.
    There is a sort of hardcode in GSphere.cs.
    In the Awake you have:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(GameObject.Find("_EnvironmentGator"))
    2.         {
    3.         accessEnvGat = GameObject.Find("_EnvironmentGator").GetComponent<EnvironmentGator>();
    and bacause I don't like names with _ in from, when I integrated EG in my scene I changed the name.
    Could you please change this to reference passing? Ex: get in GSphere.cs the reference of EnvironmentGator from EnvironmentGator itself that could be a Singleton.
    One last thing I have moved EnvironmentGator directory inside my "Libraries" directory and maybe this could be the reason for my second error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'EnvironmentGator/EGC/EGCP_BumpNoBlend': Can't open include file "CloudLightingModel.cginc" at line 23
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. katoun

katoun

A suggestion: It would be nice for EG to integrate nicely with Sunshine :D

6. lazygunn

lazygunn

An issue that came up yesterday that i hadnt anticipated was how this would work well with the Oculus Rift, as even with a bit of fiddling I couldnt get it looking right or performing well. It might just need a bit more work on my behalf but this is a large factor in my developments so any thought given to the issue would be valuable

7. laurent-clave

laurent-clave

Hi,
    Just a simple question.
    What parameter in EG change the intensity of the sun?

8. Morfeuskiev

Morfeuskiev

laurent.clave,

Environments Gator (scripts) - Global Illumination - Sun Light Curve.

Question to Author:

When installing the power brightness of the sun - Do you take the fact that in direct light has the ability to darken when the angle of rotation, given that the brightness is always the same.

Thanks you.

9. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,
    not vanished..i had to stay a couple of days more away from home!!

Ok. i'll try to see how to reorganize the thing.

Up.Up. The satellites editor/inspector can confuse as it is right now, and it will change in 1.5.

Sorry, not completely sure i've got your question correctly.
    Could you please reformulate the question? :)

A couple of words about the 1.5.
    Since fighting versus Unity's Garbage Collection it's pretty boring, i'm working at a couple of features that maybe will ship with the 1.5.
    Seasonal Day/Night lenght. Yes, now the lenght of the day ( dayLight ) and night are related to current season.
    Longest days in summer, shorter in winter, Equinotio at spring/autumn, etc..
    The whole thing was a bit complex to achieve but it works fine. Now i'm working at a script that should adjust/move all the entries inside any Curve or Gradient we find in the EG, according to the current season.
    i.e.
    if we set all the Curves and Gradients 's keys/values for a Spring scene and then we want the same settings but during, let's say, Winter time.The Keys/values pairs will be a bit out of sync, since in Winter we have a 'delayed' SunRise and an anticipated sunset. We can of course manually adjust Keys or trying not to move a thing ( it creates nice effects sometimes ), but most of the times is useful to adjust all the Curves&Gradients according to current season in a click.

The moon is under rework, i wrote and modified a bunch of shaders, trying to find the right one to represent the moon.
    Some looks nice, but i'm not happy with the overall result so far.
    MoonTest2.jpg
    MoonTest.jpg
    Now back to the GC's fight!!

10. Morfeuskiev

Morfeuskiev

Hi, Karlbovsky

Sorry for my bad english ;) Reformulate my question in picture:

I have flat floor (cube) with standart material. I create directional light and set it: 0.5 - intensity (all time this parameter is no change) and i rotate sun:
    1) Sun01-90.jpg
    2) Sun02-45.jpg
    3) Sun03-15.jpg
    4) Sun04-5.jpg

All time intensity is not change. But Cube - change color brightness. This is not problems. I was just wondering what you think about this.
    My question is - in your system you adjust the intensity of the sun. It certainly can give the wrong lighting. Maybe ;)

Hopefully now you understand me :)

11. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi Morfeuskiev,

Your thought is correct. Having the chance to adjust the Light intensity gives us more overall control on how the scene is lit, avoiding that the light illuminates things we don't want to be lit at certain times. Playing with ambience-light, as well, we can "fake" a semi-realistic environment illumination. Inside the EG you can choose not to change the intensity of the sun during his rotation/cycle , just use the same value( Y axis ) inside the Sat Light Curve to obtain the same situation of your example.;)

Note that in next version (1.5), in order to have seasonal related day-night time, the sun will rotates around a pivot, facing the gameObject that we choose him to face. In that situation the control over the Intensity is even more important.

I hope i got it right ;)

Regards,

12. SiBlack

SiBlack

Hi,

Loving the Gator :) Very nice working with gradients and curves.

I've got a query regarding the sun. I'd like to be able to adjust it's angle so that it doesn't pass directly overhead but rather arcs east to west, closer to the horizon. Is this currently possible?

Thanks.

13. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

@SiBlack
    I'm happy you like the EG!!
    Unluckily, the short answer to your question is, no.o_O
    Since in 1.4, theSun rotates around his local axis, you can try to manually rotate the gameObject ( better if @ RunTime) till it rotates following the arc you want, i'm not sure this will help too much but you can try. In 1.5 the "default" Sun will rotate around a pivot, maybe this will help a bit more with your request.

Best Regards,

14. SiBlack

SiBlack

Thanks for the quick response. That's what I thought, just checking. Sounds like the pivot in 1.5 will allow me to offset the sun as long as you won't be applying any rotation to the pivot itself.

15. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Exactly, the pivot will offset in auto according to current season, so that the sun-arc will be "higher==summer" or "lower==winter". No rotation for the pivot point, but i'm not sure the new system will help with your request, i'll try asap.

Regards,

16. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all.
    Just a quick update about the 1.5 dev.
    All the main features are "closed" and under test right now. What was meant to be a "simple" hotFix version, actually includes some nw features and enhancements.The chance to choose low poly meshes for GSpheres, the new Moon, Seasonal Time Correction , the KeysGator, overall performance improvements.
    Ah..and the fixes!
    Meshes poly-count fixed where an Hi-poly mesh was not needed. Physics calculations/simulations are under control now.
    The GarbageCollection's fight is going on. I'll be able to share some results as soon as i close a couple of minor features.

I've already updated the support-page and the dev-log .
    There are a couple of new docs about the new features.

The EGv1.5 is not ready yet , but we're close!

Best Regards,

John-G likes this.
  17. eskovas

eskovas

Good to hear things are going well :)
    Did you also add the ability to remove specific GSpheres?
    In a post i made earlier, if i wanted to remove the first GSphere, i had to copy the last GSphere to the first and decrease the size of the array. Don't know if that has changed since then.

18. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi , sorry for delay..

@eskovas
    Nope, is not changed yet, since GSpheres are not generated in the editor but at runtime, it will be possible only with a rework of the entire GSpheres system, i've planned the rework but not for 1.5, sorry :(.

1.5 is under stress these days, the GarbageCollection and memory management are a pain to handle...

i'll be back soon with other info about the dev status.

Regards,

19. katoun

katoun

Hello,
    Small suggestion and fix:
    Shafts.cs should not use the 'camera' object as that points to the default camera and if I have GUI (using NGUI for ex) if points to that and I get errors.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Camera theCamera = null;
    3. void Start()
    4. {
    5.         theCamera = GetComponent<Camera>();
    6. }
    I think you have in mind for a later version to use the Image Effects (Pro) from Unity Pro like: SunShafts, GlobalFog, SSAOEffect, BloomAndLensFlares. That would be great and forward compatible.

Regards.

20. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi,

@katoun
    That's interesting to know and with a perfect timing. I'm working at the EGShafts these days, they will use curves for animations and some adjustments are been made and i'll check the camera issue as well ( thank you for the indication! ). Actually you can already use the Pro sunshafts if you dev. in Pro. Quick workaround :

Code (JavaScript):
    1. //Search the following lines inside the .js file.
    2. if (sunTransform)
    3.      v = camera.WorldToViewportPoint(sunTransform.position);
    4. //and change it to:
    5. if (sunTransform) {
    6.       var dirPos : Vector3 = -sunTransform.forward * 500000; //Get the inverse direction vector of the sun, this should mark the position correctly using rotation.
    7.       v = camera.WorldToViewportPoint(dirPos); //Instead of applying the vector on //transform position, we are going to set it to dirPos since we want it based on direction.
    It may need some tests but seems to work fine.

The Pro features implementation should arrive during the 1.6 / 1.8 dev-cycle along with 3rd Party plugins implementation/compatibility.

Here are some tests i've made in Unity Free with the "reworked" EGShaft on. ( EG1.5)
    sunset15.jpg

sunRise15.jpg

sunset15_2.jpg

EGShaft15.jpg
    Now the EGShafts panel is much cleaner and easy to program. ( a new ExtendedDoc will be online soon ).

Best Regards,

21. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

just for sharing some results about the GarbageCollection fight!! I'd say it's going pretty well..
    GCFightOver.jpg
    The above is a screen that i took using an "All in" prefab of the Environment Gator. The GDome set at High, 6xGspheres, ACF, Shafts ( UnityFree EGShafts set to super high quality ), etc..

EG1.5 update it's going to be more than an hotfix update and i'm pretty happy with the overall improvements and results.
    Unity 2014-07-18 18-06-09-04.png
    Unity 2014-07-18 18-08-10-38.png
    Unity 2014-07-18 18-03-45-80.png

No date for update update-release yet, but soon.. ;)

Best Regards,

John-G likes this.
  22. John-G

John-G

Looking fantastic. :)

23. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi again, i've just wrote few lines on the dev-blog about the upcoming update..
    Here's the link TheKarlbovskyCompany.

Regards,

24. treshold

treshold

Looks great, I'm especially happy to see such nice settings with Unity Free :)

25. Morfeuskiev

Morfeuskiev

Hi, Karlbovsky

Unity SunShafts - based on the Z-buffer is not ... uh ... wrong;) And it does not work. Because your object Earth with atmospheric dispersion and the skybox did not miss it. I've added "z-write off" to the shader skybox and spheres Earth(maybe EGSkyFromAtmos shader, i dont remember) and Sunshafts work without modified scripts. But object Earth not shows. Perhaps this is due that object Earth with atmosphere not have a transparency. Sunshaft acts on transparency in skybox too. In flat mode with standart skybox shader Sunshaft work fine.

If you make new sunshaft effect(better than now) - I will never use Unity Sunshaft effect.
    and.... so...
    Where new realese? ;) It is very necessary. We planned public our game in near future and want to update newest version of your weather system.

Thanks ;) Waiting .......:D

26. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi Morfeuskiev,

The Unity Pro SunShafts image effect will work properly in 1.5 with no need of reworking the script since now theSun orbits around a pivot and no more rotate on "himself". That's the issue with the current version .There is no need to modify the shader, at least not that I misunderstood the question. ( probability == High ) .
    Here are a couple of screens ( EG1.5 ) with the UnityPro Sunshafts image effect on. No script or shader modifications. Just put theSun inside the script and it works and the Atmospheric Scattering works as well.

SunShaftsPro1.5.png
    random settings...( Overdone! )
    SunShaftsProExtreme.png

Even in its latest version (1.5) , also the EGShafts ( the one that works with Unity Free ) it's a bit expensive, in terms of resources, if we set the quality to high values. I'm not sure if I will develop further the EGShafts component. Now is more reliable and easy to program ( aka easier to obtain nice results ;) ) but the shader/system it's the same.

The 1.5 is pretty much done, i just need to clean up some Textures and rework them a bit in order to shrink them in size. Some new Alpha Channel's tricks will be applied to some clouds, so to have much more control over them.

Tomorrow the 1.5 dev should be freezed and the Release branch started. Fingers Crossed!!

Best Regards,

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    treshold and John-G like this.
  27. Morfeuskiev

Morfeuskiev

Do not worry about understanding. You will in most cases understand my questions - right!

Well - maybe you're right. But honestly - from a physical - your EGShaft have more accurate, although the effect of Sunshaft Unity - more effective.

Best Regards ;)

28. katoun

katoun

An other suggestion:
    - Day/Night transition color grading (a way would be to have multiple LUT textures and blend between them)

Regards.

29. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

we are so close to the release of the update 1.5 that a "last minute Bug" could not miss. Yesterday i was testing a build made with the EG1.5, just a test before submission, aaand..an old bug pops up!! Known on the development documents as the "ambientLightGoCrazyJustSometimesbutItDoes" bug, this little bastard was responsable of some strange behaviours of the ambientLight Color and the Fog Color.

Anyway, not all evil comes to harm.

This bug has forced me to review the functioning of the global illumination and the fog and the way they managed colors. The bug was there. Now it's gone, and in its place we find a color management even more efficient and easy to program. The result are brilliant ( IMHO ), cause they are more predictable and blend better with the rest.
    Cooler.png
    Now we have much more control on how AmbLight and Fog blends with other elements inside the scene.​
    This.png

Rainy.png

How it works in a nutshell.
    Now we have only 1xGradient for AmbientLight and 1xGradient for FogColor and an adjustable Desaturate value to apply during !Clear weather conditions. ( i'll write this new part on the doc asap ).

FogDesat_closeIn.png
    The new Color Section for the Fog Panel.
    Less calculations and better results, i like this!! Since the 1.5 is an hotFix update ( plus some brand new cool feature ;) ) i couldn't not do it.

So, just a couple of days of delay for the 1.5 but, i'm sure, it will worth the wait.

Best Regards,

Attached Files:

katoun and John-G like this.
  30. Djiel

Djiel

I've been tracking this for quite a while now and I must say 1.5 is really looking nice!! Can't wait for the updated demo as well :) Spent a good while with the older one.

31. lazygunn

lazygunn

It's looking great! I have some shots of the current version in use in the Lux thread but i'm looking forwards to replacing it with 1.5, there's some great improvements being made, in particular the clouds seem more distinct while being better blended, so can't wait to try it out

32. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,
    the 1.5 update has been submitted for review..finger crossed!!

I've added a couple of new features/options ( plus all the above ) .

Now, in Spherical World Mode, we can select if the Sky should be or not be affected by Fog.
    I've fixed a problem with GSpheres when activated by Time, now the FadeIn/Out happen always at the right moment! ;)
    Exposed the Sun Wave Lenghts values, to play a bit with Sky Colorations ( i.e add a bit of Red, Green or Blue tint ),
    they are very sensible values , so if we screw up the settings, there's a reset button to go back to default values.

I also had some trouble ( solved ) with the editor. A couple of strange behaviours that i've noticed in Unity editor classes, related to instantiated prefabs. They are "dungerous" 'cause could screw up the link between the Hierarchy instantiated GameObject and his prefab..more on this after further investigations.

@Djiel
    If no big problems occur with the 1.5, the new demo should follow soon! Let's say between 1.5 and 1.6 dev.

@lazygunn
    Thx! Actually, the clouds will look better in 1.5, thanks to the Ambient Light and Fog changes, plus the fact that now we can use Unity Fog to make them blend better, without touching the sky color, so that there is more contrast!
    As i said, they look nice, especially with well worked textures ( a simple RGB + Alpha texture, but with a veeery good alpha!! I'm working on a new, free , organized and more Pro clouds's pack!).
    Anyway i'm not completly happy with them yet..they are in the "What's Next" list, along with the entire weather system, precipitations and 3rd party compatibility.

Thanks guys for the support..

See u all soon!
    Regards,

John-G likes this.
  33. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

34. Djiel

Djiel

Sounds good, looking forward to it! :)

I'm definitely interested in EG in the future, but I have some questions to make sure it fits my needs.

On the first page, you replied saying "Future updates , till the end of the 2.0 devCycle are included."
    Could you elaborate on this? Does this mean up to 2.0 included or up to 3.0(so, 2.9) ? And what comes afterwards? :D
    I do really like the pricing but I'd like to know what I'm getting and what I might be missing out on. It will likely be a while until I could really put it to use, so it may make more sense to wait for a later version.

I'm working on a racing game in the style of NFSU but I'd like to take it a bit further in terms Time of Day and Weather.
    I'd simply like to offer each track with all the different (static!) settings. The plan was to simply have copies of the scenes with the different weather/time settings (is there a better solution? haha, I'm still kind of newbie :D). Would this work out with EG?
    Also, I saw mention of terrains throughout this topic, I hope this is not a requirement for EG to work? A bunch of my tracks will likely not be using the terrain system.

Thanks for any info and keep up the excellent work :)

35. Rico21745

Rico21745

Any chance for a demo version & updated web player? I'd really love to see how this works but I have my own time of day system built already so I need to see how much work it would be to replace it with a system like this. I really want to wow players with Weather in the game so I'm looking at this and Unistorm.

36. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi,

sorry for the slight delay.

@Djiel
    The 2.0 thing just means that, when the 2.0 version will be released, i'll have a brief check of the situation ( if i'm happy with the final result and, most important, if the component still have appeal on users ) and decide if the component has reached is final state of dev. Support and fixes will be guaranteed anyway.
    Definetly yes. ;) + Terrains are not a requirement for the EG to works.
    @Rico21745
    Yes, i'm already working at the new web-demo. Maybe a very basic one will ship first and then I will like to have a well designed one in order to explain and show everything that the EG can do.

Best Regards,

37. Djiel

Djiel

@Karlbovsky

Thanks for the answers :) Will keep tracking until the time to purchase is there.

38. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Hey, I have been following this project for a while and have to say it looks amazing. I just got one question. In my game my player walks around a sphere-like planet. How difficult would it be to get Environment Gator working on a planet as opposed to a plane? I have a good knowledge of C# and could probably fix most of it if it is possible. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  39. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

I've spotted a little issue inside the editor, it's not a big deal. When we click the Check&Set button, sometimes the ElementsGator is moved to the MainCamera even if there's already one attached. I've forgot to put a check , if the MainCamera already have the ElementsGator attached. The quick solution, if that happens, is to remove the ElementsGator manually in order to have just one as child of the MainCamera, everything will work just fine. Sorry about that. :mad:

@nosyrbllewe
    thank you!

Your is a interesting question. Actually the EG already "works" around some sort of "planet" and with some adjustments it should not be difficult "substitute" the Geo sphere inside the EG with a "real" playable sphere-planet.
    Unity 2014-08-12 12-37-36-23.png
    Most of the features will be not a problem to handle. Maybe could be tricky to set the surrounding clouds in order to follow the player-cam view properly, but not impossible. Speaking in long time terms, this is a feature i'd like to have inside the EG, by default along with my crazy plans to have a "flyable" sky and...space!! ( why not?! ).

40. nosyrbllewe

nosyrbllewe

Thank you for the response. I will be buying EG when it comes time to in my development. Regarding whether to continue development after 2.0, I think you should. EG looks better than any other of the weather systems and you seem to have better support. I have a mobile version of another weather system and am displeased with their support and ease of setup. Yours looks like it will fix these problems and yours looks better than the PC version of the asset.

41. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi,
    you're welcome.

Actually I don't know what will be after the 2.0 version. My plans should bring a lot of improvements during the path to the 2.0 version, so if I will consider it as the "final" version, this will depend pretty much on how i'm happy with the final result. I'm also waiting for Unity5, since, in theory, lot of things will change and maybe further development options will be available.;)

Best Regards,

42. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all...

the new WebPlayer demo is now Online!!
    It's a first version of the new demo. Hope you'll like it!!

Follow this link:
    [EG1.5 WebPlayer Demo]

And a new version of the EG has been submitted for review in order to fix the Editor's issue from the 1.5r28!;)
    The new version is called 1.5r188 ( ext 1.5r18.0814 ).

Some screen from a test_scene. Testing some new features!!
    EG_@Work_2.png
    EG_@Work_4.png
    Best Regards,

John-G likes this.
  43. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

There are some interesting news going on, I've written a brief update-status on my blog, since i don't like to copy/paste the article i'll put the link.

EG Update 1.6.0.4

I'll be back soon with more news!!

Regards,

44. John-G

John-G

Liking the new UI features, also news of possible volumetric clouds in the future is great. :)

45. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

Fantastic Stuff. I can't believe how Awesome EG is at the moment (definitely the best Weather purchase Ive made) and its just getting better!

46. Morfeuskiev

Morfeuskiev

Hi, Karlbovsky.

How can I get the latest updates faster?

Thanks you for repair work Sunshafts Unity. I have a one proposal:

In standard unity skybox Sunshaft see on the alpha channel into skybox texture - and has reaction on his. If you do so that the Sunshaft will respond to your clouds, your Asset prices will be weight in gold.

Best Regards.

47. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

For anyone interested, here is a "simple" script to sync the weather system to Relief Terrain Pack v3 :

Code (csharp):
    2. public class EGSync : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public AtmosGator accessAtmosGator;
    4.     public ReliefTerrain accessRTP;
    5.     private float current_rain = 0f;
    6.     private float current_snow = 0f;
    7.     private float current_temp = 0f;
    8.     private float update_time = 1f;
    9.     public float fast_change_amount = 0.01f;
    10.     public float med_change_amount = 0.001f;
    11.     public float slow_change_amount = 0.0005f;
    12.     public float vslow_change_amount = 0.0001f;
    13.     public float min_update_time = 0.1f;
    14.     public float max_update_time = 10f;
    15.     public float max_temp = 40f;
    17.     // Use this for initialization
    18.     void Start () {
    19.         accessAtmosGator = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("EnvGat").GetComponentInChildren<AtmosGator>();
    20.         accessRTP = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag ("Terrain").GetComponentInChildren<ReliefTerrain>();
    21.         current_rain = 0f;
    22.         current_snow = 0f;
    23.         current_temp = accessAtmosGator.temperature;
    24.         base.Invoke("UpdateWeather",0.5f);
    25.     }
    27.     void UpdateWeather () {
    28.         current_temp = accessAtmosGator.temperature;
    29.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.clear) {
    30.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity > 0f) {
    31.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity -= med_change_amount;                    
    32.             }
    33.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength > 0f) {
    34.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength -= med_change_amount;
    35.             }
    36.         }
    37.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.heavyRain) {
    38.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity += med_change_amount;
    39.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength > 0f) {
    40.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength -= fast_change_amount;
    41.             }
    42.         }
    43.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.heavySnow) {
    44.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity = 0.0f;
    45.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength += med_change_amount;
    46.         }
    47.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.lightRain) {
    48.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength > 0f) {
    49.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength -= med_change_amount;
    50.             }
    51.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity += vslow_change_amount;
    52.         }
    53.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.lightSnow) {
    54.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity = 0.0f;                    
    55.             accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength += med_change_amount;
    56.         }
    57.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.overcast) {
    58.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity > 0f) {
    59.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity -= vslow_change_amount;                    
    60.             }
    61.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength > 0f) {
    62.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength -= vslow_change_amount;
    63.             }
    64.         }
    65.         if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.partlyCloudy) {
    66.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity > 0f) {
    67.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity -= slow_change_amount;                    
    68.             }
    69.             if (accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength > 0f) {
    70.                 accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength -= slow_change_amount;
    71.             }
    72.         }
    73.         current_rain = accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.TERRAIN_RainIntensity;
    74.         current_snow = accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength;
    75.         accessRTP.globalSettingsHolder.Refresh();
    76.         if (current_temp <= 0) {
    77.             if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow != AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.lightSnow && accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow != AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.heavySnow) {
    78.                 update_time = max_update_time;
    79.             } else {
    80.                 update_time = min_update_time;
    81.             }
    82.         } else {
    83.             if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.clear || accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.partlyCloudy ) {
    84.                 //sunny
    85.                 update_time = min_update_time + (max_update_time * (1-(current_temp / max_temp)));
    86.             } else {
    87.                 if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.overcast) {
    88.                     //not sunny
    89.                     update_time = min_update_time + ((max_update_time*1.5f) * (1-(current_temp / max_temp)));
    90.                 } else {
    91.                     if (accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.lightSnow || accessAtmosGator.WeatherNow == AtmosGator.WeatherStatuses.heavySnow) {
    92.                     //snowing
    93.                         update_time = min_update_time + (max_update_time * (current_temp / max_temp));
    94.                     } else {
    95.                     //raining
    96.                         update_time = min_update_time + ((max_update_time*0.7f) * (1-(current_temp / max_temp)));
    97.                     }
    98.                 }
    99.             }
    100.         }
    102.         base.Invoke("UpdateWeather",update_time);
    103.     }
    Script Name : EGSync
    Attached to : Anything in scene
    Requires : a terrain object with the tag "Terrain" that uses RTP
    Requires : Modify AtmosGator script so that temperature variable is public.

Obviously you will have to have configured RTP to use snow and water otherwise you won't see anything!

I am fleshing this out more and will post updates. Once its working to my satisfaction I will comment it.
    Basically it takes temperature and current weather condition into account to increase or decrease the rain/snow of RTP.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    John-G likes this.
  48. John-G

John-G

Thanks for sharing TemplarGFX.

49. TemplarGFX

TemplarGFX

No Problem. The two look fantastic together!

John-G likes this.
  50. Karlbovsky

Karlbovsky

Hi to all,

@Morfeuskiev
    Yeah, i know, could be a very nice feat. to have, but for that , i'm waiting to have something "more concrete" about the "final" cloud's shader. A lot will rely on it!

@TemplarGFX
    Uoo!!..Well, how to say it ? Thank you !!
    That's the perfect example to understand why i wrote all the system in plain, open, and hopefully correct, C#. Great implementation @TemplarGFX , thank you again for sharing this! Let me know if you have some specific requests that could help with the implementation. Can't wait to try it out!

Best regards,