Search Unity

Enviroment HDR in AR Foundation ?

Discussion in 'AR' started by yumeng1022, Apr 11, 2020.

1. yumeng1022

yumeng1022

Hi Guys , does anyone know Whether Enviroment HDR feature is support in AR Foundation for android ? we know that Enviroment HDR feature is support in Uniyt's ARCore , and Enviroment probe is support in ArKit , Due to this feature has announce by google a long time , just wonder this feature is enable in Unity's ArFoundation ?

2. todds_unity

todds_unity

3. yumeng1022

yumeng1022

Hi todds , i attach AR Environment Probe Manager to ArSession ( and have one direction light in scene), but when i run in real ar case , i only got the default sky-box material on my generated metal ball, i try it several time , only default skybox , not the Real environment surfaced into the Metal Sphere.
    Capture.PNG
    is there any other steps shroud i do ?
    ( i'm using Android Phone One Plus 6 , Unity 2019.3.0b12 , AR Foundation 2.1.4 , AR Subsytems 2.1.1 , ARCore XR Plugin 2.1.2 )

4. mranger

mranger

I'd like to figure this out too. I've managed to get the reflection thing working by copying the ARFoundation example projects, but I haven't been able to or seen anyone who can light the object via the captured HDR.

5. dradb

dradb

Did you get this working?
    I can't get scene reflections either. I can only get the skybox or black.

6. dradb

dradb

Hi Todds,
    What are the lighting settings when using AR reflection probes, please?

7. yumeng1022

yumeng1022

yes , need to update to latest arfoundation and arcore plugin ( which i'm using 4.0.8 and unity 2020.1)

8. strandedhuman

strandedhuman

I got the reflections to work but they're blurry. Anyway to make them sharp? I've seen demos with them sharp. I have no idea how to make that happen.

9. noemis

noemis

I also tried to get those Env Probes working on an Andorid Device (p20 pro) but reflections are blurry and not really my room.

A also tried to disable HDR on pipeline and probe manager. But this time the spheres stay black.

I'm using 2020.2.3 with plugins 4.0.10

What I did: new project, base AR setup and add a AR Environment Probe Manager on same gameobject as the AR Session Origin.

Put some spheres with material set to full metallic and smoothness to 1.

I'm using URP. Is this maybe a problem? I noticed that unity seem to be optimised for standard. Regarding that the default AR Plane get's a non URP Mat after creating and you have to setup the AR background as extra render feature.

Any ideas or can somebody at least confirm, that he has working sharp env reflections on android?

Attached Files:

10. bostonvaulter

bostonvaulter

11. mellinger

mellinger

Same problem here, got the Env Probes working but they look blurry as in the example of noemis.
    Tested on android (Pixel 3a)

Unity 2020.2.5 / AR Foundation 4.1.5 / URP 10.3.1

:/

12. RobinopdeBeek

RobinopdeBeek

Also having these problems. Has anyone been able to make reflections work like the YouTube videos suggest? I'm only able to get black, blurry or skybox on my metallic spheres.
    Been messing around with this sample project but no success so far: https://github.com/dilmerv/ARURPDemo

Unity 2020.3.8 / AR Foundation 4.1.7 / URP 10.5.0 / Android Pixel 2