Search Unity

Bug Entry in EditorBuildSettings.asset causing freezing of camera in the official 3rd person controller

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by YOLOnerds, May 24, 2022.

1. YOLOnerds

YOLOnerds

Hi all,

I have several projects that use the starter asset from unity https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...erson-character-controller-196526#description and in two of the projects the camera freezes when moving the mouse. I compared the projects and I was able to fix it by removing the last line of the EditorBuildSettings.asset file. Not sure if this is a bug or something I am doing incorrectly in the editor.

One of the broken projects was created today and had no changes done to it except opening of the Input Action Asset UI and Animator UI within the editor. That project worked fine initially when I created it and Imported the starter asset and broke after about 10 minutes of playing within the UI.

FREEZING

Code (csharp):
    1. %YAML 1.1
    2. %TAG !u! tag:unity3d.com,2011:
    3. --- !u!1045 &1
    4. EditorBuildSettings:
    5.   m_ObjectHideFlags: 0
    6.   serializedVersion: 2
    7.   m_Scenes: []
    8.   m_configObjects:
    9.     com.unity.input.settings: {fileID: 11400000, guid: 9e7be553448fa2546aea5752021cbcf7, type: 2}
    FIXED

Code (csharp):
    1. %YAML 1.1
    2. %TAG !u! tag:unity3d.com,2011:
    3. --- !u!1045 &1
    4. EditorBuildSettings:
    5.   m_ObjectHideFlags: 0
    6.   serializedVersion: 2
    7.   m_Scenes: []
    8.   m_configObjects: {}
    There is a bit more detail in the Unity Answers I posted last night https://answers.unity.com/questions...r-cam.html?childToView=1903765#answer-1903765

2. YOLOnerds

YOLOnerds

So I found what functionality is adding the line #9 in the FREEZING block of code. Going to Project Settings > Player > Active Input Handling and changing it to Both adds the config object into the EditorBuildSettings file and causes camera to stutter / freeze. Even if you change it back to Input System Package (New), it won't remove the line and it will continue to stutter / freeze.