Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

EntityGroups problem

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by gamayun, May 10, 2019.

1. gamayun

gamayun

Hello everyone,

I do experience a problem in my new Tiny project: If I double-click on one of my entityGroups in the project window, it does not open fully in the hierarchy window: only the children are there, at the root. If I "play" it, it runs well as it used to (before I had several crashes, I had to admit) but then if I change something in the hierarchy window, like deleting one of the entities that were in this group (and that are now at the root) it just throws an error:

Build step 'Validating Project' failed with exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Unity.Tiny.TinyEntityGroup.Visit (Unity.Tiny.TinyProject+Visitor visitor) [0x0003a] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Runtime\Runtime\Data\TinyEntityGroupVisitor.cs:16
    at Unity.Tiny.TinyModule.Visit (Unity.Tiny.TinyProject+Visitor visitor) [0x0019d] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Runtime\Runtime\Core\TinyModuleVisitor.cs:50
    at Unity.Tiny.TinyProject.Visit (Unity.Tiny.TinyProject+Visitor visitor) [0x00048] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Runtime\Runtime\Core\TinyProjectVisitor.cs:30
    at Unity.Tiny.TinyProjectValidation.Validate (Unity.Tiny.TinyProject project) [0x00007] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Editor\Export\TinyProjectValidation.cs:12
    at Unity.Tiny.BuildStepValidateProject.Run (Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildContext context) [0x00000] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Editor\Export\TinyBuildPipeline.cs:357
    at Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildPipeline.RunBuildSteps (Unity.Tiny.TinyEditorUtility+ProgressBarScope progress, Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildContext context) [0x00060] in C:\mesProjetsUnity\VoodooMascareignes\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview\Editor\Export\TinyBuildPipeline.cs:584
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildPipeline:RunBuildSteps(ProgressBarScope, TinyBuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview/Editor/Export/TinyBuildPipeline.cs:593)
    Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildPipeline:Build(TinyBuildOptions) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview/Editor/Export/TinyBuildPipeline.cs:533)
    Unity.Tiny.TinyBuildPipeline:BuildAndLaunch() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview/Editor/Export/TinyBuildPipeline.cs:411)
    Unity.Tiny.ExportOnPlay:HandlePlayStateChanged(PlayModeStateChange) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.14.5-preview/Editor/Utility/ExportOnPlay.cs:30)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Do you guys have experienced it? I don't know what to do except creating a new project and trying to migrate the scripts and building again the components and such :(
    I tried to delete the folders and meta files but to no avail...

Any advice would be great
    Cheers,
    Theirry

2. gamayun

gamayun

Well I just started from scratch again... (And i wont forget to save my project every night!)

3. Rupture13

Rupture13

I don't know this error or how to fix it, but a good idea for you to incorporate into your workflow to save yourself from having to save your project every night would be to use Git.

4. gamayun

gamayun

Yes this is what I just did. Now I have it on my git.