Search Unity

Entities "InvalidOperationException: The entity does not exist", related to parentsystem

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by libra34567, Jan 23, 2022.

1. libra34567

libra34567

So I'm working on this unity entities project. But from time to time, with not patterns, I've been seeing this exception: InvalidOperationException: The entity does not exist.

There's no other exceptions prior to this. And no exceptional behavior. It seems to happen completely random. I wonder how should I trace the origin of the problem that caused it. And how should I solve it.

Here is the full console log:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: The entity does not exist
    2. Unity.Entities.EntityComponentStore.AssertCanAddComponent (Unity.Entities.Entity entity, Unity.Entities.ComponentType componentType) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/EntityComponentStoreDebug.cs:337)
    3. Unity.Entities.EntityComponentStore.AssertCanAddComponent (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] entities, Unity.Entities.ComponentType type) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/EntityComponentStoreDebug.cs:401)
    4. Unity.Entities.EntityManager.AddComponent (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T] entities, Unity.Entities.ComponentType componentType) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/EntityManagerChangeArchetype.cs:350)
    5. Unity.Transforms.ParentSystem.UpdateChangeParents () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Transforms/ParentSystem.cs:305)
    6. Unity.Transforms.ParentSystem.OnUpdate (Unity.Jobs.JobHandle inputDeps) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Transforms/ParentSystem.cs:387)
    7. Unity.Entities.JobComponentSystem.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/JobComponentSystem.cs:136)
    8. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:472)
    9. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    10. Unity.Debug:LogException(Exception) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity/Debug.cs:19)
    11. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:477)
    12. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:417)
    13. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:114)
    14. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:UpdateAllSystems() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:472)
    15. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup:OnUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystemGroup.cs:417)
    16. Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ComponentSystem.cs:114)
    17. Unity.Entities.DummyDelegateWrapper:TriggerUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.17.0-preview.42/Unity.Entities/ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.cs:333)

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

There's dedicated DOTS forums here you're better off posting in.

I'll move your post for you.

3. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Also note that you posted this twice so I'll delete the other post here.

4. libra34567

libra34567

Thank you!, and sry for the mistake

MelvMay likes this.