Search Unity

Entities Flickering Black

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by jfbguy, Sep 4, 2021.

1. jfbguy

jfbguy

For some reason my entities are flickering from their material to black constantly. Only happens to Game Objects I'm converting to entities. Tried messing with rendering options, different materials and shaders but nothing seems to do anything. I also have no recollection touching any render settings before this just started to happen.

2. jfbguy

jfbguy

It stopped randomly. Might have been a bug with how I have the scene and game layout in the same place. Splitting them up was the last thing I did. Oh well, it's fine now.

3. jfbguy

jfbguy

I added another entity, and that one was flickering. I restarted Unity and now all of the entities are flickering again. This is without touching any setting so I'm assuming a bug.

4. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

Are you using HRV1? There used to be a known bug where this kind of flicker could happen when using HRV1 on Graphics APIs that are not D3D11 (for example, on a Mac). We have attempted to fix that bug, but it's possible that a similar issue could still happen in some situations. If that is the case, I would recommend switching on HRV2 using the ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2 scripting define.

jfbguy likes this.
  5. jfbguy

jfbguy

Ah, I did not know we had to add ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2 to the scripting define now. That did it. Thank you.